Author Topic: Spoil a wish  (Read 111294 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spoil a wish
« Reply #1215 on: May 02, 2020, 05:39:26 PM »
You are obliged to do all these things simultaneously for ever. Your existence becomes an unending warped dream, as food is pumped into your body by a machine but you stay permanently asleep. The dream is of the people you love, unchanging, never able to grow or flourish or improve, and it loops, day by day. Meanwhile your permanently asleep body is technically DMing an RPG, though its ability to do so is limited by the fact that you are permanently asleep which limits your engagement with the players.

I wish I had a violin and the ability to play it.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ierne

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1216 on: May 02, 2020, 08:13:33 PM »
You have a violin and the ability to play it, but never both at the same time. You are cursed to either torment your neighbours with screechy versions of three blind mice, or stare longingly at your violin, knowing that right now you could play concertos, but that the ability will vanish when you pick it up.

I wish I could realise I am procrastinating at the time, rather than 3 hours later when it suddenly occurs to me that I haven't done anything

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1217 on: May 02, 2020, 08:24:55 PM »
You realise you are procrastinating at the time, but procrastinate over doing anything about this realisation, leading to you in a worse state due to your procrastination now being painfully self aware.

I wish I could have a chat with some of the characters from stories I've written.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...