Author Topic: A question  (Read 8291 times)

hanbin999

• View Profile
    • Awards
A question
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »
Hi, I played this mod for two days and I have a question.

In battle, how can I split my men to groups?

Social-Pariah

• View Profile
    • Awards
A question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »
As far as I can tell, to use the formation controls...

You talk to a companion character, tell them you want to make them a "battle" leader.
Then go to camp and actions and you can change the people in the "battles" as well as view the controls for them via new menu options.

In battle you can use said controls to select different groups and assign them orders.
Though it gets a bit complex and confusing at times especially since everything is done via the announcement list on the left, so everything becomes and mangle of orders, casualties and morale announcements. And then the list will disappear a lot of the time... very irritatingly so so that you have no idea who's doing what or if they're even alive.
The stupidest feature of the morale system is that informs you of the morale of dead troops as well. I don't care if a corpse has the morale of 0.

Text needs to be smaller or some announcements need to be cut. In my opinion there shouldn't be an announcement of the enemies morale, how the hell would you know what they're feeling? But you could see them backing away and legging it.

Also the default battle positions of your troops are poor, people default to being spread out from each other yet all groups clumped at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:50:54 PM by Social-Pariah »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A question
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 12:23:25 PM »
A lot of announcements will be cut; the morale figures were mostly for testing, and only the ____ is fleeing/reforming messages will be eft in (possibly not even those).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

empiredoom

• View Profile
    • Awards
A question
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 03:56:07 AM »
:DarkstarOnly:  i has a question too. where can i find firearms at ?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A question
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »
Go to Veluca University (instructions are in the tutorial)

Cross the bridge over the stairway, go along to the circular courtyard, and enter the door that's there on the right.

You will come to a gatekeeper who will let you in, then just talk to the first guy you come to and he randomly gives you the guns (there will later be a quest, I just haven't done it yet).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

empiredoom

• View Profile
    • Awards
A question
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 03:55:47 PM »
ok thanks