Author Topic: Faction Change?  (Read 8760 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Faction Change?
« on: April 22, 2010, 07:27:31 PM »
I'm considering changing the Cult of Slaanesh for a different faction in the new mapped version. THis is because the Cult is pretty much Dark Elf centric anyway, and also that there'll be a lot of map space with few factions in.

So the options are:

MAIN OPTIONS
- Leave the Cult as is; they'll contest the northern New World with the Dark Elves and High Elves.
- Change to Hobgoblin Khanate
A second greenskin faction based in the NE of the map. The disadvantage of this is that there are factions there already so there'd be less point, and I'm very short on models so they could end up a relatively boring faction to play with. On the other hand, they exist in GW fluff unlike most of my other ideas.
- Change to Dragon Islanders
In the Dragon Islands in the SE of the map. A more varied human faction with a mix of tribal and more "civilised" units, possibly with some exotic eastern-style troops. WOuld be relatively easy to start as vanilla models could make a good start. Probably my current favourite as they can contest the southern Darklands with the Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres and also the Southlands with the Orcs and Lizardmen.
- Change to Amazons
My second favourite idea, adding a third faction to conetest the New World with the Lizardmen, Undead and High Elves. Hopefully SubRosa might lend me a couple models to help get them started, and the New World might feel quite empty without them (4/5 Lizardman provinces, 2 Skaven provinces & 2 Undead provinces aren' much for an area at least as big as the Old World which is divided into many, many provinces and factions.

OTHER IDEAS
- Change to Norscans
Will fill in the North of the map better, with a faction of Marauders and other human troops to battle the Beastmen and the Hordes of Chaos. Could end up feeling very like HoC-lite though.
- Change to Southland Natives
A faction to make the southlands more interesting, with tribal warriors and berserkers and pygmies and fun like that.
- Change to Wilderlanders
A faction native to the Nothern New World, somethinlg lacking in actual Warhammer as the Lizards are to the south, HE to the East and DE to the Norht but nobody between them. Not sure what units they'd have, I'm thinking a Native American theme but with surprisingly kickass technology/dsicipline
- Change to Darklanders
A faction to contest the Darklands with Dwarfs, Tomb Kings, Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs. Possibily a bit Indian in theme, with quite good technology and a balanced inf/cav mix.
- Change to Southland Goblins
Another Greenskin faction, with the limitation of me not having many models. Would be added instead of O&G getting a Southlands province to fight with Lizardmen and Tomb Kings.

So, any thoughts anyone?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Faction Change?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:40:06 AM »
Um.... yes?  :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Faction Change?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:52:50 PM »
Yea, but WHICH?  :D
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Hopit

• Necromancer student
  • RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Faction Change?
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 04:48:29 PM »
what about norsca/norse? they are NW from Kislev and worship the dark gods (and many other), and while having viking'ish look, models can be borrowed from many mods and they would be fun to play wiht
Some more info

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Faction Change?
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
Yea... only trouble is that Chaos already includes them more or less. Currently I'm thinking Dragon Islanders myself, since I think they'll be best for map balance.