Author Topic: Haven and Hearth - Exilian's Colony  (Read 27656 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Haven and Hearth - Exilian's Colony
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »
Sure I'm up for this :)
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
I seem to be a little bad. I've run out of food so went hunting and got killed by a boar. :(
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »
Best advice I can give is read the wiki on everything you see. Also anything which is big and animal-like is BAD.
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2013, 09:45:03 PM »
hehe found that out :P

I've got like 8 skills now or something. Can fish, make shoes, woodstuff, pottery. Apparently I'm not allowed to eat frogs. I have wicker baskets full of them :P

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2013, 09:48:35 PM »
Well, if we get more peoples we can start an actual colony :P
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »
Aw man. Got knackered by a boar again. Still haven't found any food. Toon be gonna die :S

EDIT: Lol killed a rabbit. Problem solved :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:13:47 PM by Rob »

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »
Day 3.

Timber House built. 2 crates of fish caught. Boars are an ever present issue. Damn boars. I picked up the combat ability but still don't have an attack button, is this normal? Who knows? Next skill to pick up will be archery. Gonna get myself a bow. Shoot dem boars. Also an army of pesky ants have invaded the formidable wall of sticks encircling my turf, they must be taught the error of their ways. As soon as I find out how to fight. Clay pit is a fair walk to the south west, but I have been stockpiling clay so have a steady stream of toy chariots to inspect. Stats are still incredibly low and the neighbours are Russian. They don't seem to like me much.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
Get a slingshot. It's way better than the bow.
And don't try to fight those boars until you get way stronger. Even with an armor and a sword you would lose a lot of health.
The only way you can do it right now is to stock up on rocks, get a slingshot and a boat.
Lure the boar towards the shore, get into the boat and sail away. Then take your sling and shoot the damn thing.
Be sure to have a rock on the other side of the river, because one inventory full of rocks surely won't be enough to kill it.

And if I remember correctly you'll need a high level of perception which helps you to shoot faster and more accurate.

Trust me on this one. I have some experience.
Ash and I played this game for a long time.
We even had our own village encircled with palisade walls. We also had a mining complex and underground walls.
Even a planted forest with trees of higher quality.
And apples. Because I love apples. :P
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:13:04 PM by Silver Wolf »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
A slingshot? Hmm, I was going to go for the irony of shooting a boar with the bones of another boar... But that could work. The first boar kill must be an honorable challenge in hand to hand combat though. He is if nothing else a foe worthy of a fitting death! :P

Farming is next on my agenda, after shooting :D

Thanks for the tips :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:28:19 PM by Rob »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »
If you really go all ninja on that boar, please make a recording.
Because it's going to be fun.

But you're going to die.
Seriously.
Don't try that. :P

Farming is a much better option.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2013, 06:37:39 PM »
I seem to be developing really slowly. I have all the basic skills (fishing, hunting, pottery, masonry, carpentry, glassworking, mining, smithing, clothh making, foraging, plant lore, plus couple of others) but my stats are all in the 10's and I read online that you need like 100-200 to do anything aweseom. Am I doing ok for now or do I really need to spend some LPs on stats?

Leeches fix what damage the boar does, I'll take a few shots at him...Wait, they don't regen health out of combat do they?? :S

Argh fekkin russian dude stole all my stuff :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:36:48 PM by Rob »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2013, 09:36:29 PM »
Yep, beware of Russians. That's why we built the damn palisade in the first place. :P

I honestly can't remember if boars and bears regenerate health during combat. I'm 100% sure that deers do, however.
However, if they are left alone for some time, I'm quite sure that they do.

And yes, you really need to develop stats.
Especially some perception in the early stages of developing your character, as it helps you to spot more things which you can pick up from the ground.
But you get stats by eating different types of food, not by spending LP, right?

Your skills are mostly fine, except glassworking which is completely useless. Mining and smithing are also useless at this point (since you've only started and won't be able to use them at all for quite some time). You should have spent those points on something else.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:38:50 PM by Silver Wolf »

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »
Sorry not the stats I meant, food has got me a good deal of int and str somehow. Eating rabbit, rat, berries, sturgeon and roach since the start.

The ones like survival, exploration and carpentry are upgraded by LP. I've only spent a couple of points in exploration and one in carpentry so far :S

Also, is it possible to lock the gate I made? Not that it stops him from demolishing my walls :P

Skipping archery and going straight for Yeomanry...Claiming my land. /grumble :P

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »
Also, is it possible to lock the gate I made? Not that it stops him from demolishing my walls :P

Skipping archery and going straight for Yeomanry...Claiming my land. /grumble :P

Nope you can't lock those gates on simple fences. You'd have to build a palisade wall.

Picking Yeomanry is a good decision.

Ashanorath

• Wiseass
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is I, LeClerc!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »
bears and boars only regen to full if you leave combat.
I kinda miss H&H, last thing I did before quiting was killing bear unarmed, at one point your stats and armor just excede anything even a bear can offer. It was a chalenge though.

btw. SW, I had Q 45+ leeches, those things rule, healing like crazy but destroying SHP realty fast.
It's better to live within your dreams then to live without them.