Author Topic: Testing blog  (Read 9924 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Testing blog
« on: June 06, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »
Because testing this game's so funny, I felt I should share the best bits.

Today, I've been testing a Kislev campaign...

Kislev itself got attacked by the Middenheimers, curse them. They had a much bigger army and I and my best troops were up north fighting the Chaos Hordes.  I did my best to wreak havoc outside the walls but their spearmen managed to pin most of my cavalry; I had a unit of Gospodar axemen too, but they got shot to pieces. At last they broke the gate; I raced my tiny remaining band of cavalrymen inside, and the two remaining Gospodars were left to face the enemy hordes alone. Despite dispatching two huntsmen and one of the elite teutogen guard, one of my brave Gospodars was killed and the other fled. Nevertheless, they had done their job and my cavalry reached the plaza safely. That was that for the Gospodars - or so I thought. The enemy still had 2 units of archers, 2 of spears and the Teutogen guard left against about fifteen elite cavalrymen (in about 4 units) and my fleeing Gospodar. I used my cav to run rings around them even inside the walls, managing to hunt down one archery unit. I then spied a chance, and raced my cavalry around both sides fo a building to catch the enemy general in a pincer movement; he fell to my brave lancers, as did an accompanying archer unit (who fled as I charged).

That left all the spearmen. Against cavalry. One unit ran in and I positioned 5 men (the largest remaining unit) against their front and rushed the remainder into the back - which dealt with them, but I had had heavy losses. The other unit, surely, was going to finish me.

But not so.

For I noticed that I had one Gospodar axeman left, the one man who had fled from the gate. So I selected him, and charged him in. He raced in, roaring the warcry of the Kislevites, hacked a first foe down with hhis axe... and then the rest fled. Out of the blue. They'd taken maybe ten or eleven losses outside the gates, there were about fifteen left, and they fled from a single footman.

All hail the Gospodar. He was (and is, he's still with my armies) THE MAN.

EDIT; The game informs me that the Gospodar's name is Vibius. I've put him as captain of a relief force heading for Praag. The story of Vibius the Gospodar is not over yet...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:56:57 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »
That is actually awesome.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 06:28:43 PM »
Gospodar axeman? Gospodar means Lord in Croatian...

Nice story too...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:29:14 PM by Silver Wolf »
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »
In the Warhammer background, the Gospodars are the ruling tribe of Kislev. No idea if the etymology is there, but I suspect it is.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 07:04:26 PM »
It's probably the same in Russian...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Colonel_Ryan

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 07:06:29 PM »
Aivsom!

comrade_general

Testing blog
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »
Quite cool!

Hopit

• Necromancer student
  • RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
that was so funny I can't believe it, oh and I've done all chaos sprites I can do, next bretonnia

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 11:43:42 PM »
Good stuff Hopit, nice to see you on board. :)
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Hopit

• Necromancer student
  • RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 03:57:01 PM »
I've been doing them for some time (left it for summor in some time) but I'm going now :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Testing blog
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 10:09:03 PM »
Yays!  :D