Author Topic: Good Quotes  (Read 8525 times)

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good Quotes
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 10:59:17 PM »
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings.  They did it by killing all those who opposed them.  

If you can stay calm while all around you is chaos...You probably haven't comprehended the seriousness of the situation.  

Doing a job right the first time gets the job done.  Doing a job wrong the first 14 times gets you job security.

Teamwork...Means never having to take the blame yourself.  

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  

Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Don't bother checking my record.  But if you do, I swear she was 18.  

Nobody's perfect.  I'm the perfect example.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good Quotes
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 10:43:35 PM »
im sooo confused right now im talking to my lamp
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

comrade_general

Good Quotes
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »
This winter storm is the direct result of the actions of the Obama administration, the Bush administration, the terrorists, and the economic downturn. Some have also charged that it is a conspiracy by the Tea Party. The Blogosphere is alive with rumors that this is a conspiracy between big oil and the car companies. Whatever the truth is, the Church is trying to hide it!

- a comment from a news article about the snow we're getting

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good Quotes
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 08:15:51 PM »
Fools, they know nothing about the Philippines...
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Good Quotes
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 08:27:30 PM »
Where do the Jesuits come into this? Will the constitution save America?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Re: Good Quotes
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 06:46:05 PM »
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. ~Dr. Seuss

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 03:50:56 AM »
Nobody gets out of life alive. ~ James Jameson (Jimmy the Hand) from Raymond E. Feists books.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 11:55:56 PM »
Beware! Here comes a wall of text:

“The price of getting what you want is having what you once wanted.” - Captain Jack Sparrow

"Never trust anyone, Daniel, especially the people you admire. Those are the ones who will make you suffer the worst blows." - Carlos Ruiz Zafón (The Shadow of the Wind)

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - O. Wilde

"Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final." - Hunter S. Thompson (The Great Shark Hunt, 1979)

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
- Hunter S. Thompson

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
- Hunter S. Thompson

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.”
- Hunter S. Thompson

“Like most others, I was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser. I was never idle long enough to do much thinking, but I felt somehow that some of us were making real progress, that we had taken an honest road, and that the best of us would inevitably make it over the top. At the same time, I shared a dark suspicion that the life we were leading was a lost cause, that we were all actors, kidding ourselves along on a senseless odyssey. It was the tension between these two poles - a restless idealism on one hand and a sense of impending doom on the other - that kept me going.”
- Hunter S. Thompson (The Rum Diary)

"Many people die at twenty five and aren’t buried until they are seventy five." - Benjamin Franklin

"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention." - Tim McIlrath

"So, is the glass half empty, half full, or just twice as large as it needs to be?"

"A wise man hears one word and understands two."

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius

"You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame; how could you rise anew if you have not first become ashes?" - Friedrich Nietzsche (Thus Spoke Zarathustra)

''All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.'' - T. E. Lawrence

“Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I’m not living.” - Jonathan Safran Foer

“Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead.” - Aldous Huxley

"The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care." - Hugh MacLeod

"Though my soul may set in darkness,
It will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly,
To be fearful of the night."
- Galileo Galilei

"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things."
- Tom Waits

“In the end, the shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.”
—    J.R.R. Tolkien, “The Return of the King”

“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center.”
—    Kurt Vonnegut

“Lies I’ve Told My 3 Year Old Recently

Trees talk to each other at night.
All fish are named either Lorna or Jack.
Before your eyeballs fall out from watching too much TV, they get very loose.
Tiny bears live in drain pipes.
If you are very very quiet you can hear the clouds rub against the sky.
The moon and the sun had a fight a long time ago.
Everyone knows at least one secret language.
When nobody is looking, I can fly.
We are all held together by invisible threads.
Books get lonely too.
Sadness can be eaten.
I will always be there.”
—    Raul Gutierrez (Lies I’ve Told My 3 Year Old Recently)

“I feel most comfortable being around people that are marginally insane.”
—    Matthew Gray Gubler

“I have reached the point where I am no longer in touch with life … I have only only one occupation left: to remake myself.” - Antonin Artaud (The Nerve Meter)

"If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow." - Norman Vincent Peale

"It’s easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows along like a song, but the man worthwhile is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong."

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens: but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

“When you start liking pain things start to get interesting.” - Jenny Holzer, Inflammatory Essays and Survival Tips

“The gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.” - Homer (The Iliad)

“People don’t listen, they just wait for their turn to talk.” - Chuck Palahniuk

And the last one is mushy, but I love it. I think that it is from either Looking for Alaska or The fault in our stars...

“I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.” - John Green

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

comrade_general

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 12:25:56 AM »
That last one is boss.

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 03:59:46 AM »
Who is John Galt?
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2014, 03:25:24 AM »
That last one is boss.

The whole book is. I mean both of them.
Looking for Alaska and The fault in our stars... The second one being much more depressing.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 06:43:34 AM »
"True wisdom starts with accepting how little you know." I forget who said it, or if this was their exact words, but it was something similar.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 09:07:52 AM »
@SW It's from The Fault in our Stars
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »
True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity. - Charles Xavier
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 03:13:32 AM »
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. And now, the twilight of my life, this understanding has passed into contentment." - Ezio Auditore Da Firenze (Assassin's Creed Embers)
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes