Author Topic: *obsolete* Patch 01  (Read 5447 times)

comrade_general

*obsolete* Patch 01
« on: October 31, 2010, 03:36:51 PM »
The patch is released - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3029

features:

- cleaned, fixed and optimised descr_model_battle.txt. Now 170/255 slots used.
- sprites for all required units. 326 sprites total.
- UI cards&infos for units that lacked them and improved some old UI's.
- included quickfix for Leonidas (the same that can be found in PI thread).
- fixed desert swordsmen animation.
- fixed CTD's with lvl 3-4 stables.
- fixed living breathing city CTD.

This should be savegame compatible (if you have already installed Leonidas quickfix before). Just delete map.rwm files using campaign_map_reset.bat (included in archive).

All credit for this goes to a very helpful friend - Lanjane of TWC.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:05:16 PM by comrade_general »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Patch 01
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
I'm glad to see that this mod still lives... Good job !
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

swissbob15

• View Profile
    • Awards
Patch 01
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 04:41:54 AM »
Hey general! First off, great mod, definently my favorite of the ones out there, i keep finding myself being pulled back to my growing athenian empire!
however i do have a few questions.
first: i read that the macedonian factions under goes a "marius event", do you know around what year that occurs?
Second: i was playing a macedonian campaign, i captured most of northern greece from the rebels, but then i was attacked by thebes. things were going well until they decide to siege one of my sities. right after the animation of the general hitting the city with his sword, the game crashed. ive tried getting around this, but no matter all of the different things i try, it always crashes. do you knwo why this is? will this happen every time? or is it just a fluke?
and third: are you still working on this mod?
and again, awesome mod, keep up the great work! thanks!

comrade_general

Patch 01
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 03:36:22 PM »
Thanks for the interest, swissbob15

Let me try to answer your questions:
1. The marian reforms are a hardcoded part of RTW, and I believe they will occur when a city in Macedonia reaches "Huge" status. I haven't done extensive testing on this, so I can't be sure it actually occurs.
2. This must be a fluke, probably something to do with the ownership/creator of the city in the text files. I've seen this happen even in the vanilla game, but it is more common in mods.
3. No, I am not currently working on it. A fellow modder, Lanjane, took great time and effort to make this patch for it, which gives me a good reason to iron out all the little things and release it in full - once I am finished with some other projects.

Thanks again  :D

Zekal

• View Profile
    • Awards
Patch 01
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »
Thanks for the patch, I really enjoy this mod!

Edit: I was wondering, is there a way that I can manualy reduce the deplacement off the military unit on the campaing map? Thank you for a answer.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:43:54 PM by Zekal »

comrade_general

Patch 01
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 11:59:02 PM »
Quote from: "Zekal"
Edit: I was wondering, is there a way that I can manualy reduce the deplacement off the military unit on the campaing map? Thank you for a answer.
You can edit the file descr_strat.txt found in PI/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign (or the greek campaign)

To reduce the starting armies you can simply delete lines such as "unit             greek hoplite       ...etc"

Be sure to make a backup of the file before you try to change anything.

Zekal

• View Profile
    • Awards
Patch 01
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »
Thank you good sire!

comrade_general

Patch 01
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »
No problem, and welcome to Exilian  :)