Author Topic: Tribe Hunters Camp - Bug Reports  (Read 4831 times)

Crossbow Joe

• M&B Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tribe Hunters Camp - Bug Reports
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:05:37 AM »
Unfortunately it has to be somewhere. So post bug reports here.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:17:52 AM by Crossbow Joe »

Genocide

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 06:10:45 AM »
I decided to make a test account with cheats, just to see if I can find anything A.S.A.P.  The village Saren is in the river, but I can still enter and leave it with no problems, and the arena at Snakes Point has snow in it.  Having the Chest Plate on makes the torso vanish.

EDIT :  Ok, I find this odd.  I'm in Arlon, and I first noticed that my legs were in the floor, but it was hard to tell cause of the armor I had on (thanks to cheats :p ).  So  I took off the body armor, went back in the castle, and spawned outside of the room.  I got curious, so I started to leave and enter the castle.  Not only does my character spawn in random places, but so do the Guards and the Chest is stuck in the floor (the Chest doesn't change places every time I enter) as these pic show.
Spoiler: click to toggle

EDIT 2 : I also found a Training Field that is in the water, which when I entered it with the teleport cheat, it was a snowy map.

EDIT 3 :  I noticed this...thing in the water, in the far right corner on the world map.  I couldn't get to it normally, but when I teleported to it, I was able to travel on the water as the pic shows (I am a spec in the upper right corner, below that...thing).

EDIT 4 :  Found Chief Irya posing...without any clothes. >->

Right...this would be...edit number five, and I am getting bored with the cheats, and I have been around the entire map at least twice (excluding villages and some castles).  Time to play your mod with no cheats.  Also, awesome job on the mod, even with the cheats, I am really enjoying it. :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:36:41 AM by Genocide »

Crossbow Joe

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:33:15 PM »
1. Well the snow arena is just an aesthetic thing, for now it is hard to change all 100+ village scenes to corresponding climate. But I will start with the towns at least. Eventually I hope to have all town scenes unique.Make sure you try out hamgild and port horizon they have new scenes.
2. I am so sorry about the tribal plate armor I thought I had removed it from stores. There were some problems with rigging so I had meant to take it out.
3. I just remembered that I had added in a castle scene in Alron without changing the castle background. :-/ so that is why it is a bit haywire in there.
4. The training field in the water is wierd. Like every computer reads it that way but mine. On my computer it is on land, but on any other computer I have installed it on that problem happens. I will get on it however, probably change it on another computer.
5. The "Thing" on the side of the map is a whole bunch of bridges on top of each other, it was either that or they would be scattered across the land. So I opted for the middle of nowhere. I may change the models on them to something that will fit on the island. Like camps and such like.
6. Sorry about alot of the lords being naked at castles, their castle and feast wear is separate to their battle gear and when you delete the native gear it often goes too.
Many thanks for the bug reports you have given me much to do. I'm very glad you enjoy it :D

Genocide

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:44:01 PM »
I can't believe I missed this early, though I must say I only discovered this on accident.  I was traveling to Rebel Fort from Cul (I think, but I think you get the idea where I was when I started to go to Rebel Fort).  Everything was going smoothly, then I noticed my small band of soldiers walked over the river and the first thing I do is O-O .  I paused the game and zoomed in to notice that the river was raised there, and in the shape of a bridge.  So, the texture of the bridge is missing, but it still has its function.  Here are three screenshots of what I am talking about, though the screenshots are not from when I first discovered this walking on water bridge.

Oh, about that Training Field in the water.  I noticed that sometimes it is in the water, and when I play the game later with a new character (I was experimenting with the Character Creation setup you created, getting familiar with it and finding it refreshing from the Native version) that the Training Field is not in the water.  I'm guessing that it is random for when the Training Field is in the water and when it is not.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:46:01 PM by Genocide »

Crossbow Joe

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 06:15:09 AM »
Bridges are implemented in a weird way to mount and blade, the bridge icon is merely for looks. The actual reason that parties travel over it is because of the raised bit of river. When I removed most of the bridges some of the raised parts remained. Ignore it for the moment, bridges and the like is certainly something I need to fix up. I hope it does not cause problems
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 06:15:28 AM by Crossbow Joe »

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 12:15:35 AM »
Are hand cannon balls meant to be throwable? If not, then they are.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Crossbow Joe

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 07:15:34 AM »
They are meant to be throwable, there is ammo variety as well. The Lundmen are often given hand cannon shots in trades but the colonists never give them any guns. The Lundmen have been trying to figure out what to do with them for a while. Throwing them is one of the things they do.
It's a bit of a colonist joke

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »
Fair enough, I am also slightly aggravated about the scarcity of this gun, but I'll find it eventually.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:18:04 AM by Marcus »
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Crossbow Joe

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 01:45:47 AM »
Well I don't wish for them to be too easy to get. Most likely though, to avoid the randomness of going from town to town hoping it will appear I may make a quest for it. Or maybe a special trader.
But there are more firearms next upgrade, increasing the likelihood of finding one

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 03:29:32 AM »
This is a massive bug. I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET!!!
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.