Author Topic: An Amazing RPG!  (Read 8417 times)

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:46:03 AM »
This is inspired by something I saw on Warseer and my good friend NightAngel's sig.  Hopefully this will be an entertaining game of quasi/fantastical/medieval Mafia. ;)

Please send in applications as soon as possible because once we start you won't be able to join.  

THE STORY
Wibbulniblia has always been a peaceful realm.  Sweeping vales covered in lush green grass cover the landscape and small, cozy hamlets dot the countryside.  Castle Wibbulniblia itself is huge and has never fallen to an enemy assault.  But now something strange has happened.  All through the realm people are being found in the mornings, butchered.   Several villages have already been decimated and the survivors have been harried all the way to Castle Wibbulniblia itself.  The people thought they would be safe there but they were wrong.  The attacks continued and now with Wibbulniblia's entire population crammed into the Castle, all sorts of unsavoury characters have arisen.  

This situation was exacerbated further by the death of the King of Wibbulniblia as he was found missing his left leg and most of his spleen.  His heir, the Prince was found the next morning, apparently unharmed, hanging upside down from a tree.  The damage was found when the Prince was lifted down and they found that he had been flayed, all his organs removed and then had all his skin put back on.  

The Queen, being an addled headed woman, immediately shunted responsibility to her late husband's Chancellor, who, being completely dumbfounded as to the right course of action, released the following statement:

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

All people of the Realm of Wibbulniblia should be well aware of the crisis that is currently sweeping our glorious kingdom.  Seeing as our Queen is in no state to see to the matters of running a kingdom the task has fallen to me to find the killers.  Any man who comes forward with information regarding the killers will be rewarded with half of the royal treasury.  

The next day a note was found next to the proclamation, written in blood:

The Daemons are here! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghk!

A decapitated corpse was found nearby.  

RULES
Day Time: During the Day, players can talk in the thread and respond to the activities of the night and try to work out who to put to death. During the Day I will call for votes and depending on the choices, you vote for who you believe needs to be lynched. Each 'Day' shall have a time set by myself.  Each day will last for about 24 hours since I posted before.  That gives you a fair amount of time I feel to come to a decision.  The votes will be cast by posting the name of the player in bold red.  I will kill the player who is chosen and then declare night time.

Night Time: During the Night, players with assigned roles can correspond via PM and PM me with their options. Every player who is assigned a role shall have to respond to me within a set time, which shall be posted in thread, and then I shall have their actions happen. Players without a role just remain quiet however they may post in character if they wish. As it is night time, feel free to snore.  Ghosts can and probably should haunt. Just because your dead doesn't mean your exiled from the thread.  

Ghosts: Dead players can not reveal information nor can they call to lynch anyone. Please respect these rules, if you do not, I will ask for you not to post any more. Actually chances are I'll just laugh but I have to appear strict.

CHARACTER ROLES

Civilian: You are just an average citizen of Wibbulniblia who is scare s#1tless because of all the deaths that are occuring.  Your role is to vote during the day and try to exterminate the Daemons.  Don't draw attention to yourself. Blend into the crowd.  That way you won't be lynched. Or maybe you will be...

Daemons: The Civilians are your prey. They must be killed so you can eat. You will know who is in your pack, but that is it. You must be try to hunt down all of the town.  Have fun.  You will get a PM as soon as all the applications are in.  

Witch Hunter: You are the law. However, to protect your identity you act as a Civilian. Your role is to kill all the Daemons and free the realm.  Every night you may spy upon a certain player. More information will follow via PM.

Ranger: You've trained with the bow since your early childhood and you know how to kill and remain silent.  With this Daemon attack you know have new targets.  Or maybe, a scapegoat.  More information will follow via PM.

Court Mage: You were a devoted subject of the dead king but now you feel disenchanted and just want a bit of money.  You feel that these attacks could be a good opportunity for you, although what role you're going to play in this is up to you... More information will follow via PM.

Serial Killer: You've always had an unhealthy fascination with killing.  And then you found the axe.  May the Gods help anyone who stands in your way.  Particularly once you've had a bit too much to drink. More Information will follow via PM.

Please note that all roles may or may not be used.

To Join: Just submit yourself in this thread and you will be assigned a number. Once I close recruitment, roles shall be assigned and then the thread shall commence. Any questions please PM me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:45:16 PM by phoenixguard09 »
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:56:55 AM »
YAY!! FIRST APPLICATION!! Can I please apply. Do I get to choose what I am cus I wuz the first  :unsure:   :D .
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:59:38 AM by Mark »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:58:48 AM »
Yes you can apply certainly. and no I choose what you are.  

Ok then Makorgis is our No. 1.  He knows his role.  

I suggest that no one should tell anyone their role as that immediately compromise your position. ;)

Here's the list of players:
Phoenixguard: Chancellor.  (I'm the moderator and can't be killed.  Simply because I don't wear deodorant so the Daemons think I smell too much. :P )
Makorgis: No.1
NightAngel: No.2
SotK: No.3
Doomchild: No.4
Goldy: No.5
Debux: No.6
JubalNo.7
Calisthenis: No.8

I'd like to have at least 8 people.  But more would be great. :D

EDIT* Well I'm going to keep this thread open for another 24 hours.  And then we can start. ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:47:34 PM by phoenixguard09 »
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:06:19 AM »
I'll advitise in the Shoutbox if you want and if i'm aloud.

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 07:13:57 AM »
You'd definitely be allowed, thanks man. :D
(\__/)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »
Done. Lets hope that they come.

P.S. Look at the bottom of my signature. :D

P.P.S. why would some one bother writing "The Daemons are here! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghk!" I mean look how much blood it would have taken to write  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghk. he would have died of blood loss by than. I would have just written "DAEMONS".
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:41:08 AM by Mark »

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 07:58:50 AM »
It's a somewhat lame reference to Holy Grail.  "The Black Beast of Aaaaaaaaarghk!"  "He didn't really write Aaaaaaaarghk! did he?  I mean if you were dying you would just say Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghk!  Not literally write it on the wall. "  "That's what it says right here, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrghhk!"
(\__/)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 08:54:26 AM »
But you said he wrote it in his blood. not yelled it. I'm sure he would have yelled it but i'm not sure he would have wrote it. And why didn't the other people do anything of the sort as well.

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »
"I Rincewind the court magician, volunteer to help find this monster! I will us my amazing powers of divination to find this killer and put them to rest."

What can I say I'm a big Terry Pratchett fan.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
To Makorgis, tis a joke.  A joke.  :P  Have you seen the Holy Grail?  Cause I suppose if you haven't then the joke probably falls a little flat. :D
To NightAngel, excellent we have our No. 2.  And if you wish to be a Mage then sure but that would probably make you a pretty big target.
(\__/)

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »
Sign me up :D

Doomchild

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 04:31:50 PM »
i'll join please

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 06:02:29 PM »
If you remember phoenix Rincewind can't do magic for squat.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Goldyrulz

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • WARNING *May Contain Sarcasm*
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »
I'll have a go, but I'm very confused....

And.... Why did Penty die? WHY DID PENTY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh those were the days, when he took over Exilian for a day (literally)

(\__/)
(='.'=)   This is Bunneh. Copy and paste bunneh into your
(")_(")  signature to help him gain world domination

The Original Bunneh

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
An Amazing RPG!
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »
Lol, I'll join. Great reference to the Holy Grail though, I think I'll see it again one of these days.

Although, I still don't understand completely. I hope I'll understand after a few readings  :P
(\__/)

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D