The Iberians

Started by Jubal, April 22, 2011, 09:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jubal

A few sneak peek points about Iberia...

- Their main inf are falcata-armed rather than spear armed, and backed up by slingers.
- They lack ranged cavalry, but have a spear cavalry unit.
- This is made up for by one of the most flexible ranges of infantry, with 4 citizen soldier units (sword, spear, javelin and sling) to the Greeks' 3 (javelin, hoplite, archer) and the celtic 2 (spear and javelin)
- Like the Celts, their elite infantry come from a fortress (Castro)
- They have monuments that boost fighting ability for nearby units, though I don't think they work yet.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

debux

Hmmm, interesting! Great stuffs there. Any hint on how far away they are from the release?

Quote- They lack ranged cavalry, but have a spear cavalry unit.
That's the only cav unit they have? Curious, if not otherwise, it would be funny they had disregarded Cantabarian Cav.

Quote- They have monuments that boost fighting ability for nearby units, though I don't think they work yet.
Yeah, there are quite a few features that still don't work on 0 A.D, so I guess it's minor. Although the idea sounds great.

I am wondering how they are going to work around the "rock-paper-scissors" formula with 4 infantry types. I guess we'll know only at the release date :P

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

Valkar

I haven't seen those in the Alpha.

Jubal

That's why I called this a sneak peek, they're coming with the next alpha edition. :)

They have 2 cavalry units; since I first posted this, their Devotio Cavalry (elites) have been given javelins.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

debux

What?

According to EB, only the Lusitanian noble cav had javelins :P

Just kidding, although depending on how they skin the Devotio Cav is how critical I'll be about this.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D