Author Topic: Least favourite charachter?  (Read 18410 times)

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Least favourite charachter?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 04:12:07 AM »
You're right about the usefulness, tis a good kit.  The goldswords name comes from the fact that they are way too damn expensive for 10 models.  To cost that much they must be made of solid gold or something.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Duke Dev

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Least favourite charachter?
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011, 12:11:24 PM »
Karl Franz is my favorite character... He's perfect !
[/quote] ummm.. I would just like to say
something about the fact that Karl Franz is "perfect" he is not the perfect man because he is not flawed.  He is too pertect, he needs a major flaw in his character
(\__/)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »
That's true, GW has moved away from having flawed heroes I feel which kinda sucks.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 01:56:08 PM »
all the 'Forces of Order' Heroes have no flaws,
those of the 'Forces of Destruction' have a fair few, Grimgor with his uncontrolable rage to name only one
Tis but a scratch...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »
The forces of destruction ones would be better described as villains rather than heroes though.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2011, 02:53:34 PM »
heroes and villains
its all a matter of perspective

if Hitler had won WWII Churchill would be the villain, no?
Tis but a scratch...

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2011, 05:12:09 PM »
It's a bit clearer cut in Warhammer what with Chaos and Orcs wanting to tear civilisation to the ground and all.

They did a better job with the new Tomb Kings, Settra is ruthless dictator and an asshole for the good of his nation. Ramhotep is driven to better himself with greater creation and avenge the destruction of his great works.

Actually the Tomb King fluff is good overall.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »
heroes and villains

I disagree - there are some things which CAN definitely and absolutely be classified as "good" as compared to "evil".

Torture is evil. Killing another human being is usually evil. Depriving others of their human rights is usually evil. Hitler did all of these things an a scale barely imaginable to us today, therefore I think it's totally fair to say that regardless of perspective Hitler was evil.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:28:39 PM by Jubal »

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2011, 09:30:59 PM »
heroes and villains

I disagree - there are some things which CAN definitely and absolutely be classified as "good" as compared to "evil".

Torture is evil. Killing another human being is usually evil. Depriving others of their human rights is usually evil. Hitler did all of these things an a scale barely imaginable to us today, therefore I think it's totally fair to say that regardless of perspective Hitler was evil.

ok bad example, but take Che Guevara, hero or villain? V (from V for Vendetta)?  There are aspects of history that are blurred or not well covered by the winning side if it reflects badly upon them, the Japanese-American concentration camps is a good example, as Churchill said "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."
Tis but a scratch...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 09:39:53 PM »
Of course, you're totally right; that's kinda my point though, GW are writing those sorts of morally neutral characters out of WHFB altogether. Bar (debatably) the Tomb Kings, just about everyone is shifting their alignments either to Lawful Good or Chaotic Evil. This is one major reason why they won't bring Dogs of War back as a full army, it doesn't fit into the "Forces of Order/Forces of Destruction" crap they have now.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »
What about the Woodies?  I wouldn't say they necessarilly fit into either.  I mean, they're obviously against Chaos, but they'll shoot the living hell out of an Imperial Logging Corporation too. 

As Jubal said, Duke Dev is right in that Karl Franz is too damned perfect.  But its not just him.  Louen Leoncour, Kurt Helborg, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, (To some extent Luthor Huss) and they're just the human ones.  I mean out of them, can any of you name one weakness or character flaw?

I mean Elves should be perfect.  They're Elves, it's inevitable.  But let's just go through three characters with some sort of big character flaw. 
Caradryan: In a race renowned for their arrogance, he somehow manages to be the most obnoxious of them all. But in classic Monty Python style, "he got better."
Teclis: Physically frail and weak, with a bitter mind.  But once again, "he got better."
Alith Anar: Consumed by rage, he tortures Druchii. But of course the Druchii started it, so it aint his fault if they get their spleens torn out their eyes. 

The only others are Tyrion, (No duh, of course he's perfect) Korhil and Eltharion.  Out of those, Eltharion might be flawed, but only because he's tainted by that old, "ooooh, I'm a blind Elven Jedi" crap.  I stand by, Eltharion as a character has no real flaw.  If you go by the old book, then Imrik is there too, and he was perfect.  And awesome, I am so pissed that he was dropped.

As an Elf, I have to say, the Dwarves are just a flawed race in general.  :P  I won't even bother going through their special characters. 

I haven't read much of the new TK fluff, but I remember I liked their older stuff that wasn't all, "We really, really, hate the living, so we're gonna kill you and your descendants." 

There is really only one army left to discuss and that is...Kislev.  If you think about it, the two characters that were in there were both flawed.  The Tzarina was all cold and aloof.  Haughty.  Distant.  In fact, more frigid than an ice-cream factory.  As for the Tzar, I've forgotten, but his obsession with bears could be seen as unhealthy. 
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »
afraid to say the new stuf is exactly that for TK "We really, really, hate the living, so we're gonna kill you and your descendants." In the latest WD that is the storyline for a battrep

The Tsar is freakin' awesome, Bear Cavalry, very His Dark Materials
Tis but a scratch...

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2011, 12:35:39 PM »
Pity about the TK's really.  They used to be interesting. 

And yeah, don't get me wrong, I love Boris.  Epic^2.  But I'm sure there's a flaw somewhere in there.  For that matter Louen is pretty damned cool too.  I mean he's something like 70 now and still kicking ass like a warrior-king.  Which he is. 
(\__/)

Death Nade

• Resident drawer
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Herrooooo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 12:47:18 PM »
Its funny how a thread with this topic can go into a debate about food and evil.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »
Food and evil? Doughnuts I say! The Doughnuts will betray us all!