Author Topic: Sea Battles  (Read 18923 times)

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sea Battles
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
Mayb or were just blagging our way through this lol :)
Roma Vici Total War Mod Leader
Current release 0.88

james1976

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 03:15:50 PM »
Well its still all in development at the moment but it may be going with thinking its an elephant and then making the water as if it is a massive river were you cross
hmm Do we need to worry about boats going on a rampage? :)  I'm joking.  I'm sure you guys have that worked out even if the game thinks they are elephants.  I look forward to seeing some animated versions in the future.  Will there be a video made of a ship battle to show what it will be like?  It would be very interesting to see the siege engines fire from ships.  You read about this stuff in the info cards and I've always wanted to see the battles play out.  Naval power could change the game big time!

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
Yeah I will, and yea with this new system it will change the campaign map forever, for Illyria, Greece, Carthage and cicillian pirates will now be able to unleash there power now on the campaign for sure now :) shall be uploading new pics of some new ships soon:)
Current release 0.88

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »
Hello everyone, we have been talking over many things our team have and now we have finally decided. We soon shall release a how to guide on making sea battles as a gift to the public. Flavius aetieus will make one at the twc and I shall release one here for all of you so you can implement into your mods :)

Jmilan77
Current release 0.88

james1976

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »
Nice.  Hopefully someone will want to add that in for M2TW :)

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 11:27:24 PM »
Yes we are creating a version for med 2 as well taking advantage of the updated script options, that is going on in background though as we are still concentrating on getting the cores of the mod finished yet for 0.89, we do desperately need someone to help us with descr_strat for implementing new factions, and also someone to help add new settlements as we are trying to do so many things our teams man power is getting stretched and making things take longer, but I suppose this happens to anyone when you get more experienced and understand how to mod different aspects :) anyway yes anyone that could help we would love them to join our team :)
Current release 0.88

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 02:27:23 AM »
Wait, you started working on the med2 version?

And small tip, I'd release the post on how to make sea battles after the release of 0.89, that way you can use RVTW as an example ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 07:24:58 AM »
Yep that is what we are going to do ;) no we havnt yet our boat leader says he is retiring after we release the sea battles and that's the last thing he wants to do :) but we do do really need people to help us though :)
Current release 0.88

james1976

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 03:06:32 PM »
If I had time I'd help with something....modding skills way rusty anyway.  I work most of the time now and have little free.  What time I have for gaming these day I spent enjoying the work of others.

I do have one question about the M2TW version you mentioned.  Is it going to be a Roma Vice total conversion, or basically a complete overhaul for M2TW like you've done for RTW with Roma Vice? 

jmilan77

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:51 PM »
Well we are planning a med 2 version, wht we will do is port our base mod over when ts done from rome total war, just requires making some changes to each model and that so the engine can read the files and then we shall build from that like having more than one face in the units and that kind of thing. :)

At the moment adding a complete new ancillary and trait system :)
Current release 0.88

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »
I read that when the sea battles get finished,you will release the ships,animations and the text files so other users can put them in their mods. Is this true?
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 04:23:57 PM »
Like this idea a lot - Rome Total War really missed out by not including sea battles

Sir Mano

• lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »

Kirush 2 made it possible...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »
Did they ever get that released? I don't think I recognise the mod...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...