Author Topic: How to use modswitch  (Read 9127 times)

Jack Marsh

• View Profile
    • Awards
How to use modswitch
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:01:29 PM »
this is how you make a mod folder:

go in to rome - total folder(where your rtw files are)

make a folder of any name but i will use my_mod as an example.  inside of the folder you just made, make another one called data inside data, you got to make two folders; one called text the other called world. go in to your world folder, inside that make a folder called maps, inside maps make two more folders; one called base and the other called campaign, inside campaign, make you last folder called imperial_campaign.

now we have got that done we need to put some files into the folders. go back to your rome - total war folder. (your address should say something like this C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War).

go into the data folder and into the text folder, find the file imperial_campaign_regions_and _settlements copy this. then go back to your folder and into the text folder you made and paste it in there . go back to your vanilla data files, go in to world then maps then base. copy all the files in base, go back to your mod folder and go in to your base folder paste all the files into there, for the last time go back to your vanilla's data files go into world, then maps, then campaign, and into the imperial_campaign folder copy all the files, then go back in to your mod folder, into your imperial campaign folder paste all the files into there.

nearly finished. copy and paste you rome icon, now right click on the copied icon, click properties, at the end of the target add this

(space)-(space)mod: (put the name of the folder here but in this case it would be)my_mod

so now the target line should look like this "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" - mod:my_mod
click apply and then ok, you have made a mod folder :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:23:56 PM by comrade_general »

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How to use modswitch
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 02:11:13 AM »
Changed the title to be more descriptive.