Author Topic: April Pub - could be an issue? Could be in May?  (Read 173 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
April Pub - could be an issue? Could be in May?
« on: April 11, 2024, 02:38:54 PM »
So, uhm, I've just noticed that I might not be around properly on any of the remaining Thursdays or Fridays in April. The best I could do might be the 29th, but I'll be travelling and in a hotel and I don't know how well I could run a pub in that setup. Or the 19th, but I'd have to start late, like UK 8:30/European 9:30 at the earliest, as I'm expecting to go out for dinner that evening.

We could have a double pub in May, and do May 3rd and 31st? Or someone else might have to take point, I'm happy to send out the emails regardless if there's anyone else who'd be willing to be the lynchpin around-all-evening person? Thoughts very welcome.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: April Pub - could be an issue? Could be in May?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 02:50:00 PM »
I'd be happy to volunteer as a lynchpin for the first couple of hours of an April pub if it were on the 25th/26th, but would likely need to head off before things would naturally wind down. Any volunteers for a second half lynchpin? I realise that's not especially helpful...

Otherwise I'm happy with a double May pub and can make both the 3rd and 31st as far as I know!

Jafeth (Who is also here)

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Allir einherjar Óðins túnum í höggvask hverjan dag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 03:57:27 PM »
I'd be down to do 2 in May. The 19th is not ideal for me as I have Pathfinder the next day and the 29th I'm stabbing my friends consensually.

TheLichQueen

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 05:25:33 PM »
I'm in favor of a double pub or at least the proposed date on May 3rd. It's been too long but by then I'll finally be free from teaching classes for the term! Unsure where I'll be later in the month (trying to snag an internship)
*Probably AFK quilting*

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 08:17:28 PM »
That seems like a goodly number of votes for May 3rd, so we'll probably go for that :) It's still in April if we switch to the Julian calendar for a few days, anyway...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 10:31:40 PM »
2nd of May is when I should be handing in my dissertation so I might be able to make one after that but I also might be sleeping for a week so idk