Exilian Pub Out Of Context

Started by Jubal, April 28, 2023, 07:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jubal

A thread for quotes from Exilian pubs, contextlessly :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

kjelda

"Do you feel like you've taken a trip to Beavertown?" "I don't know, what does Beavertown taste like?"
and also, "people think too much about what to do when life gives you lemons, and not enough about what happens when death gives you lemons."
you can't make an omelet without breaking a few metaphors.

Jubal

"Is base 10 the entire cause for global warming?"
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

kjelda

also "crawling out of the bathtub like a wyrm" is the title of my rap album

Jubal

"I am distraught that you weren't paying attention when I found chicken police."

po8crg

"stabbing yourself doesn't, in fact, help"

Jubal

I'm kind of cursing that we didn't come up with this earlier (credit I think goes to Spritelady for the idea). Definitely planning to keep this thread going :)

psyanojim

I am now going to start a movement to genetically engineer future humanity to have 4 digits on each hand, and 4 toes on each foot.

Thus allowing us to naturally count in octal (hands) or hexadecimal (hands and feet).

Therefore both solving global warming (ha), and allowing a far more seamless transition into cyborgs.

Jubal

There's got to be some very odd human in the longtermism movement with a ton of money and very little sense who would actually fund that.

kjelda

"I'm not averse against Belgium."

kjelda

"Discussing the Cambridge bookshop and being dangled out of a window reminded me that I have a specific experience in common with King Charles."

Jubal

Quote from: kjelda on May 25, 2023, 09:52:04 PM
"I'm not averse against Belgium."
Shortly preceded by "Do you want Belgium? This is how you get Belgium!"

kjelda

on James' orders: "You don't need a daddy to drop you on your head."

Jubal

"Africa is just a very large dinosaur"

Jubal