Author Topic: the HILL RPG, Recruiting...  (Read 20601 times)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: the HILL RPG, Recruiting... [Medieval Britain]
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 11:17:54 AM »
Should we use a map like that:

The other ones looks more ''gamy'' though ...  :D

Armies, Kings, Mercenaries and Vassals will be nothing more than the players. We need many players so that the space will be just not enough for all so as only a Kingdom will be able to stay alive through the rounds/days/years...  :)

Each player mooves 1 rectangle per round. They can build ships if they are close to the sea, only after they build docks for 4 coins... ships cost 2 coins each.  8)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:37:41 PM by Dimos »
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 12:04:54 PM »
I like how you have the map divided the only problem is it being set in England. The Hill Empire and the Kingdom of Jimbobland are in a fantasy world and as such the map should represent that.
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 12:13:27 PM »
it's set in britain. It just takes elements of the HILL game.

Look at the new map... is that better?  :D

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 08:43:05 PM »
It's better in detail of the land but thats about it. Your stubborn aren't you. You know exactly what we want in the map. And I'm in too.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 11:27:09 PM »
we need more men to join. A good RPG with the hill can only be successful if we have 10-20 players  :)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 04:48:27 AM »
XD Good luck with that. You'll really need it.

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 05:42:46 AM »
I honestly don't think we'll get more than about 5 Dimos mate. Perhaps we should look at revising the premise of the RPG.

For instance set in a fantasy world. :P With us as the rulers and vassals of the kingdoms. At least that way we'd get the same sort of stuff as here but with less necessary players. :D
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
If within 20 days we will still have so few players I think you can do the fantasy HILL RPG. I prefer the real world, sorry.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 04:33:44 PM »

This map shows as well the places that by being adjustent to the land mass of the Brittish Isles can be used as bases to construct a dockyard.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 05:04:06 PM »
Unfortunately I really don't have time for this, but just a map comment...

Why are some provinces named by their capital towns and others by their counties?

Devon, Norfolk and Cornwall are counties, whereas Birmingham, Bristol, London are cities.

Also: Glasgow with a g, and Canterbury only has one r.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 06:14:49 PM »
noted, and most will be fixed... well actually I prefered to be all in towns... like cornwall should have been in the name of the biggest town in the area... I prefer towns rather than ''Devonshire'' ''Yorkshire'' , ''Oxfordshire'', Lincolnshire'' , ''Aberdeenshire'' or ''Kent'' , ''Cornwall'' , ''Highlands'' , ect...

Jubal, join the game, it won't start too soon, we need to get some players first... I promise it wiwll be epic...  :D

To SUM up a bit: Each player starts as equal, free and in a place of his choosing. (ex: I might choose to start from Edingburg or Inverness) . Each rectangle that represents a town and its countryside can hold up to 3 players. The first player to build a ''house'' , ''mannor'' or ''castle'' becomes automaticaly the owner. Each player has the ability to move to 1 neigbouring rectangle. If a person is caught as a slave and he succesfuly rebels against his captor he has the right to moove 2 rectangles away. Docks do not claim any ownership over a region. To use another player's docks you must enter an agreement with him. he can either tax you or let you use his docks free of other charges but 2 coins for a ship. If a player decides to gather food as a hunter he must be mooving 1 rectangle each round (to find prey). All players that own ships can go fishing, just by mooving 1 rectangle each round. If you own a rectangle, you can freely tax the passer by. If he asks for a parlay you can offer him a better paying agreement. If he refuses to pay he can attack you. In an attack each player has a right to give and suffer 1 blow. The player with the less hitpoints is considered the looser. The looser can either be let free (the cheapest item he has will be taken from him), be enslaved (he loses further 1hitpoint). Or if he has no more hitpoints, he is pronounced dead and he looses the game. Each player starts with 10/10 hp energy. The players are fully free to enter and leave kingdoms, mercenary pacts, and sell items they have gathered from fights. Each player starts with his bare hands (+1 blunt damage). Buying a weapon he chooses (between blunt, pierce and cutting) the damage he will cause to others at will. Each victory over a person gives to the victor the ability to boost his attack or defense skills (+1 to attack or defense). If a device of defense is severely damaged (has no more hitpoints) is considered destroyed and can’t be used no more, unless the player buys another one.

Goal:
Winner is pronounced the player or players that having entered into community manage to outlast of all their enemies (kingdoms or individuals). Each man that claims a rectangle land piece can declare himself ruler of a sovereign state.    

Possible problem: The fact that I will be both narrator and player can make the things a bit complex. I think each round (day/month in game) will last 3 days and I will post the outcomes between i.e. 12.00 and 13.00… That will give me an advantage of moves (which is bad, we need equality) unless I will have a strict plan i.e. I will pm you one day before that I will post the outcome of the round next day at 12.00-12.10 . If I do the second (which I think is more fair) but I will loose one day, the round will end next day, the same time.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:19:56 PM by Dimos »

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »
I can't do this, I'm sorry but I just can't.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »
what?  :o what can't you do my friend?

Ladyhawk

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 02:01:56 AM »
Can I play? Please :)
(\__/)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 08:33:55 AM »
Why not?