Author Topic: The Curtain Falls for the Final Time...  (Read 3998 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
The Curtain Falls for the Final Time...
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »
Apologies for the pretentious title, but I wanted something a bit more interesting than 'I'm leaving'. ;)

I am afraid I am stepping down as Technikos and Owner of Exilian. I spend very little time on Exilian these days, and feel I am ineffective as a staff member, and should step down for another to take my place.

Exilian has grown a lot since I started this whole thing as Mixed Mods god knows how many years ago, and now I feel I can leave it to carry on its own path. I have enjoyed most of the times spent here, and I hope that you guys have at least tolerated me. ;)

My resignation also means that I am no longer planning on being the owner of the hosting account or domain name. Me and the admins are currently working out the best path of action to take regarding this, and will resolve it in the next few days.

Like I said, it's been a fun ride, and I'm sad to leave now, but life is all about change, and this is just another one in that journey. I won't be gone forever, I will still pop in occasionally, but not as staff. That I now leave to Jubal, Comrade_General, Son of the King, Phoenixguard and all of the other staff that help to keep the site running like clockwork. She's yours now guys, look after her for me, yeah?

Now, there's a 'demote' button around here somewhere, I'm sure of it...

Adios, amigos!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:17:29 AM by Marcus »
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Curtain Falls for the Final Time...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 11:30:37 PM »
To all users: expect announcements in the next few days about site direction and ownership changes: we're looking at all possible options and future models, and making enquiries to ensure we do the best thing for the site in the long run.

On a personal note... as someone who's been running sites with you for five years now, Marc, allow me to wish you the very best of luck. Truly, genuinely... we'll miss you. And if you're ever trawling these bits of the internet, there's always a warm welcome and free beer in the Boozer for you. :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 11:35:19 PM »
Oh, Marcuses. :( Yourself and Mixed Mods definitely had a major impact on my life. I mean I've spent the last 5+ years tinkering with and modding RTW because of your dismounted praetorian cavalry. ;)

And as the majority of my thoughts have been already stated in conversation, I shall leave it at this: Good Luck!

lordryan756

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49:05 PM »
Goodbye, Marcus! We shall surely miss your humor, your mods, and most certainly your effect on this community. I would like to thank you with all of my heart and good-will for creating such a fun and interesting community. You shall always be remembered and we hope you still visit us every now and then. Have a good life :D

-Loyally yours,
Ryan

Ladyhawk

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 03:07:19 AM »
Thank you and goodbye Marcus. :) I thank you for taking a great part in creating a wonderful community which has impacted us all greatly. You shall be missed. But I wish you good luck in your future. I hope everything turns out the way you want it too.

Thank you,

Ladyhawk. :)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »
Alas Markus, I hardly knew yee.

Stop back in whenever you can.

Well friend goodbye, good luck and keep dancing.

It's been a pleasure, Night Angel.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
I think I speak for everyone when I say you'll be missed Marcus. Thanks for everything you've done, here and at Mixed Mods :D . You'd best come back at least for our 5th birthday next year :P .

It was you who got me into RTW modding, and in fact it was you who gave me my first advice on modding iirc.

Thanks, and good luck :)

SotK

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
Goodbye and good luck Marcus.

I can't help but feel just a little cheated. I mean you were even allowed to be here as opposed to all those places where "No Marcuses Allowed" is upheld. :P

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.

Because I'm sure that your fields were in need of a good, soft raining....

Cheers mate,
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.