Author Topic: New RPG: Curaw sign-ups  (Read 7285 times)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New RPG: Curaw sign-ups
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:01:07 AM »
In the Kingdom of Curaw all is peaceful. Curaw is a small Kingdom in the mountains that has remained at peace for decades. But now two other countries (Thydor and Dames) are at war with each other. The other two countries have both been trying to win over Curaw's allegiance in the war but the King refuses, he prefers to stay up in the mountain castle in peace and mostly everyone of the Kingdom of Curaw agrees with him.
You will start in a town called Wyre. It seems like it's in the middle of nowhere but it has a very important role in the Curaw. It's main industry is lumber. It's set on a plateau halfway up the mountain, it has small river running down the mountains not far away from town. It has all of the stuff you would expect from a largish medieval town, Blacksmith, Inn, Tavern, Stable etc.

Please choose basic roles, no OP roles such as the King of Dames or an old war veteran, your all normal people from a town  called Wyre. Actually I will use Jubals idea so you can pick classes out of a list, there will be no leveling system though.

Classes:
Woodcutter
Shopkeeper
Boatman
Young Nobleman
Craftsman
Priest
Thief
Tinker
Vagabond
Errand Rider
Clerk
Vagrant Traveler
Fisherman
Town Militia/Infantry Recruit
Lamp Lighter
Hunter
Blacksmith
Normal Person

If you wish to join, fill in the blanks.

Name:
Job/Class:

I will wait until we have at least 8 players until we start. Or if that takes too long 7 days will do.

When the game starts any writing by me that
involves the game will be displayed using Red.

RULES:
Please, don't control each other. Do the talking yourself. Even if you post a reply that is one sentence long it doesn't matter.

When your posting what you are going to do please keep it as simple as possible. No long
history lessons and stuff like that. When I ask what you would like to do a simple reply like "Chop wood." is enough.

No overpowered stuff when creating characters, you are normal people (In most cases) with
normal stuff, so on what feet said "No magic". (@Swift_Demon: You'd better hope Swift Sword is just a name.) Also, in-game, no overpowering stuff is to happen. You don't decide it's night, you don't decide it's about to rain.
Leave all of that to me. I control the whole world around you.

Please try not to name anything in the country, if there is a tavern in town don't name it, refer to it as "Tavern" until I mention it's name, I'm in control here remember that.

You may have an animal such as a dog/cat/horse/cow etc. No weird stuff like a mouse or a wolf. You control what they do for most of the time but as I said "I control the whole world around you." so what I mean is I can make your horse break a leg by stepping in a rabbit hole (I'm not that mean though ;) ) or I can make your dog get sick etc.

Now the most important rule is... HAVE FUN!!!  ;D (That sounded a bit corny)

Just to let you all know, this is Medieval, not Fantasy so no elves or magical potions (So like Mount and Blade ;D) will be in this RPG.

Players:
Nightangel: Rico Malesta, Young priest (and total pacifist).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:04:23 PM by The Khan »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New RPG: Curaw sign-ups
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »
Is there a diceroll system behind this or is combat just freestyle roleplayed?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 12:18:21 PM »
I'll do diceroll, just for the LOLz! ;D

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 12:27:37 PM »
Umm, so no-one wants to play? :(

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »
My name is Rico Malesta, I am a young priest and total pacifist.

This can only end well.  :D
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »
XD LOL, OK. We have one. Any more? Come on, don't be shy. :P

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 11:02:17 PM »
I might consider to join soon, probably after Massalia is over... But can you explain me the game in three basic lines?
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 08:58:18 AM »
...Like Axiosa just without the skill system and level ups. Just tell me is you still don't understand.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
I'll be Geoffrey Smith, the Blacksmith  ;D

Edit[ Oh, and can I have an Alsatian please XD)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:48:35 PM by Othko97 »
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »
I apologise in advance if I don't post as often as I'd/you'd like. I was thinking about signing up earlier but figured I couldn't make a commitment in good faith. However, as it's been so long and there's not much interest so far, why not?

"The Wooden Dragon used to hold a story-telling competition every winter me boy. At night, all the folk'd gather round to hear the very best of tales from Wyre's best tale-spinners. The fire ye see lad, and the best mead in Curaw, it got the tongues a-wagging. I remember, me ol' grampa used to take me in there and set me upon his knee, a-sitting in a chair he was with a mug o' mead in hand and a pipe clenched between his teeth. We heard some rippers indeed lad, some rippers indeed."

The old man's eyes began to droop close, his breath fading to a wisp. A boy knelt by the old man's bed, clutching to old, weak fingers with tears of sorrow welling in his eyes. With a rasping intake of air, he continued.

"The old Wooden Dragon don't do that no more lad, does it now?"

"No grampa, it don't."

The Wooden Dragon had ceased to exist many winters ago, the winds of time and fate blowing away all vestiges of the old tavern until all that was left was the memory of the roaring fire and strong liquor, the friendly faces and thrilling tales of days gone by.

"Too bad me boy, too bad. I would have liked to hear a good tale, one... last... time..."

The boy inclined his head and began to cry as the first of the winter rains began to pelt down upon the thatched roof in soft cadence with his tears.

Suitably sad?

Anyway, the boy's name is Caradoc Madra and now he's grown up a bit. He figured the best way to have a tale worth telling is to get out in the wilds so he's started up a bit of a hunting/poaching business.

I'd like a bow, a large hunting knife and a small terrier to follow me around if that's alright thanks. I understand if I can't get any of that but I figured, better to ask and have it denied than not to ask at all.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:48:38 PM by Phoenixguard09 »
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »
@Othko What's an "Alsatian"?

@Pheonix Looks good, sounds a bit like your a hunter. It would have to be a short bow though. And yes, it's a bit sad.

Othko97

• SotK Beta
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Personal Site
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 10:18:14 PM »
A dog, also known as a German Shepherd :P
I am Othko, He who fell from the highest of places, Lord of That Bit Between High Places and Low Places Through Which One Falls In Transit Between them!

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
LOL!!! Now everone wants a pet. :D Alright than. You can have it.

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »
I'm in. Don't have a name right now but I would like to be a Vagrant Traveller :) .

Captain Carthage

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
I'll call you Red Bird.
Scum of the highest degree and don't let charitable citizens tell you otherwise.