Author Topic: Map  (Read 12645 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Map
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 01:48:32 AM »
Nope I have the bare tga files of the fortuna orbis map. Dumb question, but how do i make a new map_regions file? I need to add about 10 settlements spread out through the map so there is not any crashes
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:57 AM »
I currently have this set up:

A mod folder labeled XRTW with a data folder containing:
text folder: inside is 'main_campaign_regions_and_settlements_names.txt
world folder: inside is
maps: inside is
base: empty
campaign: inside is
main_campaign: inside is all the files from the vanilla imperial_campaign folder

From Fortuna Orbis to make the new map I have:
map_climates
map_FE
map_features
map_ground_types
map_heights base
map_heights
map_regions
map_roughness
map_trade_routes
radar_map_1
radar_map_2

What do I need to do next? Don't I need a 'map_rwm' file?

Also I'm following this guide:
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?50437-Making-a-new-campaign-map

I'm just clueless on what to do next haha
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:58:31 AM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
The map.rwm file is automatically generated every time you run the campaign, and subsequently needs deleted every time you make *any* change to the campaign.

Does the campaign run as it is now?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 06:12:58 PM »
No, I deleted everything out of frustration. How do I run a basic RTW mod-folder on the bi.exe? I need to run the mod with the correct exe before I start doing anything.

comrade_general

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 11:18:49 PM »
You have to make a copy of the entire BI folder. Then you can start modifying the files inside.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 12:39:57 AM »
Okay, so how do I port over the original RTW files so I don't interfere with the new BI features such as hording etc?

comrade_general

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 01:00:31 AM »
Depends on which things you need to port over. Most if it you'll have to edit the BI files because of the internal faction names, additional features, etc.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 01:12:05 AM »
Pretty much i need the vanilla game to run on the bi.exe so I can start modding without worrying about changing exe.'s later. I kind of need a tutorial but there isn't one. Do you have time to tell me what needs to be moved/fixed?

comrade_general

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »
You can go ahead and try running your mod folder through BI by using a copy of the BI shortcut, but I don't know what kind of problems you'll run into.

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 11:39:43 PM »
Why use the BI.exe? Does it have any real features you want to use? IIRC, the AI is not better, at all (and most of the new formations are buggy or don't work well)

Oh, and I'd rather PM Lethe1 to ask him if he can please send you the map files... it would be rather useless to try to start a map from scratch, and then loose all the progress because the original map gets finished. Besides, you can use another map that's already done, as a place holder, while you wait for Lethe1's map to be ready (and that way, you have a pre-release ready)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

comrade_general

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »
I agree with debux about the map.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 11:43:35 PM »
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=549016

@comrade_general, ^^This is what I have so far with the BI exe.^^

BI has hording, loyalty, shieldwall, religion and a more aggressive rebel faction plus all the features from RTW.

About the map, I need to hear back from a few people and Lethe1 has not responded to me email for a few days now.

Also, I am releasing the first version using the Mundus Magnus using the RTW.exe

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 11:46:39 PM »
Actually I just checked my email right now and he responded!

finally some good news: I successfully solved a few map bugs (trade road issues mainly). I'm on a short trip this weekend, so more news will only be on tuesday. I expect to fully finish spain and africa by thursday.

So I guess I do not need to worry about mapping!

comrade_general

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 11:47:36 PM »
Great!

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 12:44:06 AM »
Good stuffs man.

On using the BI.exe... are you sure you want to use all those features? For me, the rebels pretty much act the same, loyalty can only be used for two factions (if I'm not mistaken) and it would be a little unfair to give that feature to a few factions, and shieldwall is quite buggy (and it can also make units quite OP, taken from this testimony). Now religion and hording can work well, but one has to be careful with them... (this is mostly my personal opinion  ;D this are two major gamebrakers for me in XGM, and some of the reasons why I've never gotten past turn 10 in any of the few times I've tried playing it again)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D