Author Topic: Map  (Read 12713 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Map
« on: June 14, 2012, 05:44:54 AM »
Here is the list of cities that Lethe1 and I will look to put into our map. Our map was made by the Fortuna Orbis team, a sub-mod of RTR VII and also used by ExRM another RTR mod. We will be adding M2TW textures to the map as well as straddling certain cities on rivers without it being buggy. I hope to include navigable rivers as well. The following list is pretty long so be patient. Also you might notice no cities for the British Isles, that is because I wait for a response from Edorix the Briton expert :)

Feel free to throw out suggestions. East of the Caspian and Northern Europe were the least researched and taken mainly from Mundus Magnus
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:13:03 PM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Map
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »
Okay we might end up scratching the cities on rivers idea due to the fact that it can cause bugs and CTD's with sieges. Lethe1 will try it out, hopefully there are no issues.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »
Why don't you just have the river stop right next to the city and continue on the other side of it? I was doing that with some cities on my America's map.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »
Great idea, I will let him know!

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 05:23:27 AM »
I have horrible memory for simple names :P Quite honestly, from all those I saw there, I can only think that Argos would be a good idea to take off. Mostly because I think there's too little space for a city like Argos (Sparta, Argos and Corinth are all in line and very close together). Instead, I'd give that region to Gaul, or any area that lacks regions.

Ih, and I'd strike off the navigable rivers idea... it seems to be a very common topic for many mods, but in the end it gets taken off due to the AI having trouble handling them (usually those rivers tend to get full with stack loads of pirates, than even get stuck when there are ports on the river)

Oh, and... your map looks quite bigger than the one of ExRM! It might be because the screenies Lethe has posted have a high resolution, something that my PC monitor lacks :P (and on topic, it might be a good idea to post some screenies of the map here)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

Lethe1

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 09:00:32 AM »
there is a minor texture problem. Right now, I'm becoming a serious victim of Murphy's Law. No screenies yet, I'm sorry. I'm working my way through long series of error messages. For the same reason, Africa has been postponed since errors in mapping africa couldn't be detected right now.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 01:36:57 PM »
I don't know if any of you folk know The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but these RTW mapping discussions always remind me of Magrathea.  ;D
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »
Welcome to exilian Lethe1, hopefully the errors are minor and not major

comrade_general

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 11:39:37 PM »
Welcome Lethe1! If you need any advice/help with the map let me know. I've tinkered around with them once or twice. ;)

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 03:28:04 AM »
Good luck man! Didn't intend to hurry the process though, I just thought it might be a good idea to post the screens you've posted in TWC so far here as well (but what the heck, I could do it myself :P )

MAPS SCREENIES!
North Italy

Sardinia + Corsica + Central Italy

Southern Iberia

Sicily
Southern Italy

IIRC, the starting armies aren't final, right?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:59:15 AM by debux »
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 04:05:24 AM »
Correct, the descr_strat will be edited after all cities are implemented

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 01:17:19 AM »
Okay I am going to try and start the map from scratch. Lethe1 has been very busy of late and I'm not sure if he will be able to continue working on it. I have all the necessary files, but the problem is I'm starting with a bare map. That means all the text files are going to be empty, and I will fill them as I go. comrade_general, I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this. I will post my questions for you here in this thread.
Wish me luck, and let's hope Lethe1 comes back soon!

comrade_general

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 01:26:12 AM »
How come you can't continue with his current map?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 01:41:59 AM »
I don't have the files :/

comrade_general

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 01:44:25 AM »
Oh, nvm then. I thought that's what you meant when you said you had all then necessary files.