Author Topic: Well hello  (Read 8799 times)

Antithesis

• Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.
    • View Profile
    • 9chan Imageboard hub
    • Awards
Well hello
« on: June 15, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
Hello, my name is Antithesis and I like, among other things, freedom.

Maybe unusual, but I come here despite the fact that I'm not into gaming (except for some DOS or SNES gaming now and then). I just need a residence on the Internet (Reddit is not the same as a real BBS), and this place seem pretty laid-back. I like laid-back.

My main hobby is literature, though not since too long. I've read mostly Dutch literature so there's no point in naming authors. I also like tabletop games like Chess, Connect-Four, Magic: the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dominion, but I'm also into learning new tabletops. I'll like any game that isn't too much about luck. And, as stated above, I like retro gaming. However, I don't really put them into practice that much, for lack of a person to play with. If you're up for any of them, feel free to drop me a PM (this includes retro gaming, you can play them online).

Oh, and I'm happy to announce that I'm a grammar Nazi. I guess one of them wasn't enough for this place.
My website, in case you're interested in imageboards.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Well hello
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
Welcome, if you like writing than there is a place on this forum for you, this place is filled with Grammar Nazi, I'm one but I tend to let people off the hook often (Please don't give DD a hard time ;) ) Also just to let you know, most of us hang out at the Beer Cellar so please check out over there and join in with the fun, also, about Jubal. He may seem intimidating because he's the Overall Moderator but he's just like the rest of us. Have a good stay in Exilian. :)
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Antithesis

• View Profile
    • 9chan Imageboard hub
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »
A place that's filled with grammar Nazis? Wow.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 04:59:54 AM »
Well, we all speak (Write ;) ) with proper grammar. Like you and me just did, but sometime there are a few exceptions, you look like you would really fit in here. Check out the forum games, it's a really good way to get to know all of the people on here. Out newest, most active member is Othko just so you know.

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Doomchild

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
I hate to be the one to do this to you Khan, but your post above was not grammatically correct. Though i don't really care how people write, i felt that because you claimed that you were a Grammar Nazi i should point out a few problems in your post. Firstly it should be 'you and I,' not 'you and me.' Secondly, the second sentence is poorly structured;  the first part relates to the first sentence yet you have separated them with a full stop rather than a comma. The second part of your sentence is a non sequitur, the ideas of having exceptions do not relate to each other nor do they relate to the opening part of the sentence.  You refer to the forum games in the plural but then go on to say 'it's,' this is incorrect because you should have continued  speaking in the plural and used 'they.' Finally, in the last sentence you forgot the comma after 'most active,' you are adding in that information as a supplement to your statement so it should be fully enclosed by commas. I would like to reiterate that i'm not really bothered if my writing is grammatically incorrect though i have tried to write in a clear, concise and correct manner. Regards, Doomchild.

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 05:25:17 PM »
I hate to be the one to do this to you Khan, but your post above was not grammatically correct. Though I don't really care how people write, I felt that because you claimed that you were a Grammar Nazi I should point out a few problems in your post. Firstly it should be 'you and I,' not 'you and me.' Secondly, the second sentence is poorly structured;  the first part relates to the first sentence yet you have separated them with a full stop rather than a comma. The second part of your sentence is a non sequitur, the ideas of having exceptions do not relate to each other nor do they relate to the opening part of the sentence.  You refer to the forum games in the plural but then go on to say 'it's,' this is incorrect because you should have continued  speaking in the plural and used 'they.' Finally, in the last sentence you forgot the comma after 'most active,' you are adding in that information as a supplement to your statement so it should be fully enclosed by commas. I would like to reiterate that i'm not really bothered if my writing is grammatically incorrect though i have tried to write in a clear, concise and correct manner. Regards, Doomchild.
Fixed. :) Khan also spelled "our" wrong.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:26:48 PM by comrade_general »

Doomchild

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »
Haha, thanks.  I always forget to put cap. pesky 'I's. Good call on the 'our,' i just read it as it should be.

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 05:52:49 PM »
Welcome, Antithesis. I am the Ghost of Christmas Past; would you like a Cookie or a glass of Whiskey?

You join us at an opportune time - At the turning of the tide. Member numbers have been increasing steadily since I first joined 3 years ago (If I recall I was member number 308). Now we have over 3000, and hopefully we can start bringing them back! :)
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ

comrade_general

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
Welcome to Exilian, Antithesis! I had read your post earlier but I couldn't think of a nice welcoming message. Suffice it to say that I think you have come here for the right reasons, and I am glad you have found Exilian to be your new Internet residence. :)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 03:52:49 AM »
I hate to be the one to do this to you Khan, but your post above was not grammatically correct. Though I don't really care how people write, I felt that because you claimed that you were a Grammar Nazi I should point out a few problems in your post. Firstly it should be 'you and I,' not 'you and me.' Secondly, the second sentence is poorly structured;  the first part relates to the first sentence yet you have separated them with a full stop rather than a comma. The second part of your sentence is a non sequitur, the ideas of having exceptions do not relate to each other nor do they relate to the opening part of the sentence.  You refer to the forum games in the plural but then go on to say 'it's,' this is incorrect because you should have continued  speaking in the plural and used 'they.' Finally, in the last sentence you forgot the comma after 'most active,' you are adding in that information as a supplement to your statement so it should be fully enclosed by commas. I would like to reiterate that i'm not really bothered if my writing is grammatically incorrect though i have tried to write in a clear, concise and correct manner. Regards, Doomchild.
Fixed. :) Khan also spelled "our" wrong.

You missed the two down the bottom. ;D

comrade_general

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 04:09:49 AM »
*sigh* We are just totally ridiculous. :P

debux

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 04:27:50 AM »
... Did we just scare Antithesis off by being "too much" Grammar Nazis?

If not, O HAI ANTITESYS, i DONT CNOU WAT GRAMER IZ LOL i NKOU NASIS R BADD THOUH

*sigh* We are just totally ridiculous. :P
Did I prove it? :D

Although I must say that's it's pretty adequate that we're all correcting each other in the welcome post of someone who's name is literature-connected (nice name choice man)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

START ANSWERING PHOENIXGUARD! POST AS MUCH AS YE DID IN YE OLD DAYS :D

Antithesis

• View Profile
    • 9chan Imageboard hub
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
... Did we just scare Antithesis off by being "too much" Grammar Nazis?

I think you meant "too much of a bunch of Grammar Nazis".

If not, O HAI ANTITESYS, i DONT CNOU WAT GRAMER IZ LOL i NKOU NASIS R BADD THOUH

A gramer, you say?

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
Welcome to Exilian :) . I am not that much of a grammar nazi, but debux's post almost made me become one for a second :p .

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Oh sweet, holy, merciful lord. Save me. :P

Nah just kidding. Welcome to Exilian Antithesis. ;)
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.