Author Topic: Warhammer TW on Mac....  (Read 2117 times)

Dessimus

• View Profile
    • Awards
Warhammer TW on Mac....
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:22:26 PM »

Greetings,

New player to RTW but long time player of Warhammer. I'm running a Mac (Lion) and I have tried everything to get this mod to work on my Mac (by mirroring the steps listed for windows), can't get this mod to run. Does anyone here know a mac player that has successfully converted this mod or a on-line guide anything? I'm running RTW app (version / Gold edition) fully updated to latest version.

Here are the steps I'm using;

(a) Dloading mod (in Mac automatically dl'ds to download folder and unzips it), I noticed once it is unzipped there is no icon that is placed on my desktop.
    (b) Moving entire WHTW folder to my RTW general folder (this is where I place it right? I don't have to go deeper and place it in any other folder?)
    (c) Copying the default RTW icon to desktop and setting folder travel as RTW/WHTW (even tried RTW/WHTW/Data and didn't work). On Mac can't seem to add that -mod:WHTW extension thing won't recognize command, we just drag the folder path to extension and it automatically changes the folder destination accordingly.

Thanks in advance,

"You can't dispel my pride." -Dessimus, Champion of Khorne

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Warhammer TW on Mac....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »
Ok, you definitely need to use it by command line not by setting the destination folder to RTW/WHTW; the command line -mod: is read by the internal game engine, the RTW.exe file. If you point the whole thing to RTW/WHTW it will look for the .exe in the WHTW folder, and lo and behold it ain't there.

I'm sure there is a way of using the command line, I'm just unsure what it is; I'll look into it for you though.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...