Author Topic: Problem Starting  (Read 2245 times)

DMS1131

• View Profile
    • Awards
Problem Starting
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »
Posted this on the Total War forum. Figured I'd post it here too, just in case.

After half a day struggling with this mod, I decided to get help.

So, it's pretty simple. Whenever I try to start the Warhammer mod for Rome: Total War, it flashes to the initial screen (you know, the red screen with the copyright and all that nonsense) before switching to black and then shutting down to desktop. No error message, no warning. It's happened six times in a row thus far.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing. I've tried changing the shortcut at the end of the target line. Nothing. I haven't changed anything within the quotes in the target line. I'm running vanilla RTW, version 1.5, no Alexander, Barbarian Invasion or anything. I know my computer can handle it; it plays RTW, MTW and MTWII just fine (was playing MTWII before I started installing this). It's a normal CD version, no Gold or Steam or anything.

So, any suggestions? If you're about to suggest uninstalling/reinstalling again, please don't. I love Warhammer, but not enough to go through that again. I've moved the mod into the right folder, of that I'm sure. Just stuck and getting frustrated.

comrade_general

Re: Problem Starting
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:09:53 PM »
You didn't ask that I not suggest that you re-download it, so that's what I'm suggesting. :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Problem Starting
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 03:56:33 PM »
If you delete the bits at the end of the command line does it run RTW normally?
Does the file structure go as follows: Rome - Total War/WHTW/Data?
The modswitch -mod:WHTW needs to be the same name as the WHTW folder, which needs to be on the same level as the original RTW data folder.

Hope those pointers help.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...