Author Topic: Atheniad Event Details, Rules and Notes  (Read 4348 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Atheniad Event Details, Rules and Notes
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »
Exilian Atheniad 2012: Rules and Notes

People involved
Organising Committee
They decide the rules and act as referees if this is needed at any point. They are not barred from competing however. If an OC member is felt to have made an unfair decision, appeals go to the judges.
Judges
They determine the outcome of all judged events. They have no official forum and are barred from participating in any events. They are also the final port of call for appeals.

Rules for entering contestants
As many contestants may be entered by a team into an event as they wish, but must be entered in a preference order. This is generally done on a first come, first served basis within each team.

As long as there are four or more participants AND they are not all from the same team, the event goes ahead. The number will be rounded to an even value for knockout competitions in the fairest way the organisers deem possible. Each team gains an even allocation of the slots where there is a discrepancy; thus if one team enters five contestants, and another enters two and another two, there will be four slots as the closest workable value and team one is the one that loses out on a slot.

For judged contests, the number of entrants is not fixed and no specific rules apply beyond that an event with three participants or less will not run.

Events
The events will be as follows:

GAMING

Chess Tourney
Simple knockout tournament, played via lichess.

Scrabble Tourney
Will be played via lexulous, round by round, possibly with some rounds being four player or three player.

RTW 10,000 singles
No particular restrictions, free choice of factions, 10,000 denarii.

RTW 20,000 doubles
No particular restrictions, free choice of factions, 10,000 denarii per player

RTW 1000 singles
1000 denarii only, this event is a test of warband-scale play.

BI 10,000 singles
No particular restrictions, free choice of factions, 10,000 denarii.

M2TW 15,000 singles
No particular restrictions, free choice of factions.

0AD Grand Melee (Aka 8v8 matches)
0AD has been chosen as the RTS for this contest as it is a) innovative, b) still similar to games such as Age of Empires with which many people will be familiar, but importantly also c) free. The Grand Melee will use the latest version of 0AD, with an entirely free choice of faction, all vs all.

Warband Singles
Precise rules to be decided, 1v1 matches on Mount & Blade: Warband

Warband Grand Melee
Precise rules to be decided, 4v4 teams, on Mount & Blade: Warband. If there are enough participants a forum may submit multiple teams.

Urban Terror Team Event (4 man teams)
Capture the Flag, 4vs4, standard rules. We’ll look into how finding a server will work closer to the time. Urban Terror is a shooter type game, and is also free so anyone can participate in this. If there are enough participants a forum may submit multiple teams.

JUDGED

Best Screenshot (All Games)
Simple best screenshot contest. The shot may be edited, or captions added, as the participant wishes. Three judges will give marks out of ten and an average taken.

Best Unedited Screenshot (All Games)
Simple best screenshot contest. The shot may not be edited in any way and must be from the vanilla, unmodded form of the chosen game. Three judges will give marks out of ten and an average taken.

Funny Screenshot (All Games)
Captions and speech bubbles are more than welcome as entrants try and make the funniest possible screenshot. Three judges will give marks out of ten and an average taken.

Art Contest
Any form of art permitted, two or three dimensional (if 3d, photos are expected). Three judges will give marks out of ten and an average taken.

Poetry Slam – Freestyle
The freestyle slam is for people performing and reading their own poetic compositions. They are expected to upload a video the performance to YouTube. Three judges will give marks out of ten and an average taken.

Poetry Slam – Classical
The classical slam is for people performing and reading a poem written before 1918. They are expected to upload a video of the performance to YouTube. Three judges will give marks out of ten and an average taken.

Poetry Contest
For the best piece of original poetry, on any subject chosen by the participant. Three judges will give marks out of ten and an average taken.

Short Story Contest
For the best short story, on any subject chosen by the participant, of no more than 1500 words. Three judges will give marks out of ten and an average taken.

Team Haiku
Three competitors, the team all have to write a haiku and the combined scores are taken. If there are enough participants a forum may submit multiple teams.

Oulipo - The Wonderful O
Effectively the same as the short story contest, but contestants are not permitted to use the letter o anywhere in their work.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Atheniad Event Details, Rules and Notes
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:14:54 PM »
I think I might create a thread on the KAG forums to advertise this and hopefully get more participants. I think Awesome would help out with it too.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
Good good - people should feel free to come as KAG participants if they want or as Exilianites, either way.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

SaidaiSloth

• King of the sloths
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:53:28 AM »
Yes, I am off to help.
ADORABLENESS WARNING
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 12:43:20 PM »
We have a wall of text about Exilian and what it is and about the Atheniad. Here is the thread if you think anything needs to be added. Just tell Awesome and he'll add it in.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:47:43 PM by The Khan »
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »
I just had a question. I'm assuming that we're only allowed to enter one story/screenshot for those respective competitions?
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 05:08:22 PM »
That is correct.

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »
Awesome.

I'll get on it then. ;)
The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.