Author Topic: Improved battle AI /formations changes?  (Read 2155 times)

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
Improved battle AI /formations changes?
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
I know some of the historical Rome Total War mods have modded the AI (some just mini-mods that were meant to work with any other mod). Some work well, some don't, but i do remember one that worked well that was based on formations. If i as a Carthaginian brought my cavalry forward, Roman AI triari spearmen rushed to the front. I bring my melee troops or elephants  forward, the spearmen withdraw and velites (javelinment) come forward. I bring my skirmishers forward, then Roman cavalry come forward.

Would it be possible to mod AI in this to do the fantasy equivalent? And to make the AI attack with all it's forces at once rather than send some forward first to get beaten before the rest attack?

Is there any way to make two or three AI forces on the same battlefield combine before they attack or would that require a mod based on BI / Alex?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Improved battle AI /formations changes?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:48:30 PM »
Honestly, I don't know about AI modding for RTW. I'll look into it, but it's not something I've tried as yet.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...