Author Topic: More than one cause of crashes that make all saves non-reloadable?  (Read 2250 times)

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
I managed to get to over 128 turns playing as Araby by never reloading from autosave, nor using 'Continue Campaign' but reloading from other save slots.

Then i got a new character, who, because the city it had assigned him to had a full garrison, was placed outside it. There were enemy armies nearby. I had to save the game to do other stuff and when i reloaded later it immediately told me he had had a 'Heroic Death', but his unit remained on the campaign map with his face whited out. I moved them. Then the next army led by a captain i clicked on the game crashed and all my saves were screwed except some before battles, which crash as soon as the battle ends.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:55:51 AM by Dunadd »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: More than one causes of crashes that make all saves non-reloadable?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »
Ooh. Hm, yes, that's really odd. Might be another character names screwup of some kind, but I don't know. You said all your saves were screwed - you mean including much earlier ones from the campaign?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Dunadd

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: More than one causes of crashes that make all saves non-reloadable?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »
not tried all of them yet - and unfortunately can't check now as i uninstalled and re-installed to C:/RTW instead of Program Files. Sorry - should have thought to check them all  - but certainly the furthest back one i tried before it - which was before a battle- re-loaded for the battle but then crashed to desktop as soon as the battle ended