Author Topic: Civilization Series (Civ 5 for £4.99 and other deals on Steam)  (Read 1891 times)

Marcus

• Devourer of Souls
  • Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • I think, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
    • http://exilian.co.uk/
    • Awards
Civilization Series (Civ 5 for £4.99 and other deals on Steam)
« on: December 29, 2012, 09:32:56 PM »
If anyone's interested, Civ 5 is just £4.99 on Steam, alongside many other games with ridiculous price reductions, some of which have less than an hour to go.

I've never played a Civilisation game until now, and when I saw the price tag on Civ 5, along with decent reviews, I went for it. Being used to Total War and AoE type strategy games before, it's an interesting change to have everything on the turn based map, with no RTS involved at all, quite nice as it gives you time to think about what to do next. Currently got a game running as the Songhai Empire and have very nearly wiped out the French. There are other nations, but they appear to be on other islands and my naval technology isn't good enough to reach them yet. Still having a roaring good time and discovered I'd played almost 10 hours solid last night, which would be why I'm currently nocturnal. :P

Anyone else into the Civ games and wish to comment? I will admit it was the mention of Jubal's mod for Civ 2 that got me going for the idea of actually getting a Civ game.
"So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Son of the King

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • SotK
    • Awards
Re: Civilization Series (Civ 5 for £4.99 and other deals on Steam)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:14:23 AM »
Civ 5 is really fun, its probably my highest-playtime game on Steam that's not Football Manager :D . I play it a lot with a couple of friends at uni, max difficulty level is tough :P .