Author Topic: The "I Pledge Thee My Sword" thread  (Read 31809 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The "I Pledge Thee My Sword" thread
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 07:52:21 PM »
Yep, that does seem to be a pretty good guide.

Traits themselves aren't too bad, I've never really gotten my head around the triggers system though. I suspect it wouldn't be at all impossible, it's just not part of my personal skillset in this.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

nickwizzo

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »
Are the name files ok? I'm going to try and start on making that trait, just to see if I can. Then I'll have a go and making a college bar.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 09:02:14 PM »
It's now crashing very rapidly after the campaign starts, so something's not right, but I'll do my best to fix it.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

nickwizzo

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 11:59:19 PM »
I've got 3 stages of the "Walks On The Grass" trait working fine in Rome. Just need to decide on the percentage chance of anyone getting it and how soon into the game they're allowed to get it.

I'm thinking of creating a complimentary trait of 3 stages of hungover, with reduced movement points. Maybe renaming some of the other traits eg. A high level of influence could be a BNOC, less influence swap organiser. Someone could be a Cindies veteran instead of a veteran of many battles etc. Renaming existing traits is much quicker and easier than creating new ones. Thoughts?

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2013, 09:12:41 AM »
Those sound good. Of course, not all traits would need to be renamed e.g. Good Attacker/Defender.

nickwizzo

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
Of course, there are plenty of traits which will stay exactly the same but it would be nice to have the rest as Cambridge inspired as possible.

Whorefinger

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 04:36:41 PM »
Might it be an idea to host all the various .txt files on GitHub? It would speed things up and allow those without copies of the game (e.g. me :'( ) to contribute to trait files etc. that they won't have access to otherwise.

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »
Might it be an idea to host all the various .txt files on GitHub? It would speed things up and allow those without copies of the game (e.g. me :'( ) to contribute to trait files etc. that they won't have access to otherwise.

Seconded

joek

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 10:32:23 PM »
Thirded.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013, 01:00:14 AM »
OK, so which files do we need? Unit descriptions I think it's easier just to post up one by one, so:
descr_buildings (building descriptions)
menu quotes (though those are nearly done)
The traits files (can't remember which/how many there are)
?

Part of the trouble is that a lot of files have easy hissy-fits and so it's best to literally test after each and every edit, which is why I'm less keen to Github the whole thing - bugchecking/fixing can take me longer than doing it myself.

In terms of names: the names files were just not working, I don't know why but what I've done is reverted to the original RTW ones, given all six factions the original Julii name list, and then I'm working on putting Nick's names over the originals in the output (names.txt) file only, so the internal names are unchanged. I've thrown a bunch of bugcheckers at Nick's files but not come up with anything, so a large amount of painful debugging and testing would probably take me longer than this strategy. I'll take over on that from now on anyway.

If anyone has time, unit descriptions would probably be highest on my wish-list right now. Also, what ideas do we have for the symbols & flags for the six factions?

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 01:31:38 AM »
I'll be happy to draft up some unit descriptions again if you let us know which you need and a few basics about them (don't want another mounted/non-mounted confusion)!

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2013, 07:59:07 AM »
Hill College Confederacy could be a Goat (since Fitz is the capital) or just a hill shape for the symbol?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2013, 09:19:15 AM »
TTG4: I'm keeping the first post in the Troop Rosters updated to say what we do/don't need and what's ingame and what isn't for units, and the basics are all there too.  :)

Ez: Hill with a castle/fortress/college on top?

Ezrael

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2013, 04:44:35 PM »
Sounds good to me, nice and to-the-point. The Sainsbury's Pact logo should be orange for obvious reasons

nickwizzo

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
Jubal, did you get the names working?