Author Topic: Warhammer Total War & Steam?  (Read 10340 times)

MINDMAN

• View Profile
    • Awards
Warhammer Total War & Steam?
« on: April 20, 2013, 02:51:05 AM »
My Rome Total war is the Gold version downloaded through Steam. Is it still possible to  install the Warhammer mod and if so how?

Looks fun, can't wait to try it.

Thanks,

Mike

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Warhammer Total War & Steam?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 09:42:47 AM »
Yes, it is!

You should be able to install roughly as per the normal instructions, right-click on the mod in the steam game list, create a desktop shortcut, add -mod:WHTW after the shortcut's path, and (in theory) it should work.

Useful link (this guy I know got it working with Steam, so I know it can be done):
http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2002.msg45466#msg45466

General guide to mods on steam:
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?123528-Using-mods-with-Steam-RTW-including-BI-and-Alexander

Hope that helps  :)

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Warhammer Total War & Steam?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:03:55 PM »
I use RTW Gold through steam.

Use a program such as Winrar to unpack the file Warhammer1.rar. Extract the contents of Warhammer1.rar, to desktop preferably(you can move it about later).
There should now be a folder on your desktop(or where ever you chose to put it) called WHTW.
Single click on that folder, then right click on it. Click copy.
Then for XP find the path C:Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Rome Total War Gold.
For Vista or Windows 7 find the path C:/Program Files(x86 or x64)/Steam/steamapps/common/Rome Total War Gold.
Right click in an empty space there and click paste.
The WHTW folder should copy itself to that location, you'll be able to see it shortly.

After that is done, to play the mod from the Steam Library:
Right click on RTW in the steam library.
Click 'Properties'
Click 'Set Launch Options...'
type into the box '-show_err -mod:whtw'

Now just click play on RTW in steam (regular not Barbarian Invasion) and you're golden. (That means it'll work)

EDIT: If you want to play Rome: Total War again, delete the line '-show_err -mod:whtw', save and then Rome will run from Steam Library again.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:56:47 PM by luckynumber13 »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.