Author Topic: Release date revealed, which faction are you most looking forward to playing?  (Read 5749 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Anyone else pre order a copy of RTW2? You get 3 (more) Greek factions to play as if you do: Sparta, Athens and Epirus. Release date has been revealed as 3rd Sept, I can't wait.

This means that in the end I get 12 playable factions from the start? Given how they said there would be 8 playable factions I'm pretty pleased with this result, even if over a third of them are Greek. So, which factions do you like the look of the most? For me, it's the Iceni they look so much better than the Britons from RTW1. Plus I always love playing as barbs :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:29:44 PM by luckynumber13 »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I am a modder and will have just as many playable factions as I please (unless they've hardcoded that sort of thing in which case they are first order gits and the game will be more or less unmoddable).  ;D

I'm still not sure if I'll get R2, need to check if my PC can handle it. Also suspecting I'll move out of TW a bit more once WHTW and GoC are behind me, I'd like to pursue my programming/RPG/writing projects a bit more.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
R2 is going to have same specs as S2 apparently, and true with modding you can play as anyone, but I don't think everyone has unique units, there are over 500 though, so maybe.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

comrade_general

Can anyone give us a list of the factions for us lazies? :)

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

comrade_general

Omigod a link! I'm too lazy. :P

Fine I clicked.

Macedon! Why do they insist on calling it Macedon?! Macedonia or go home dammit! >:(

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_%28ancient_kingdom%29 There you go :)

You have to admit though the game looks freakin amazing. So glad I have a fekkin behemoth of a PC atm :P

comrade_general

First mod I'd make is to change the name to Macedonia. ;)

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
First mod I'd make is to change the name to Macedonia. ;)
;D

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
armadillo I know what this game needs as an expansion! Minotaurs.

ahowl11

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pontus for sure. I want to play as the Bosporan Kingdom if they are a faction and become available.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pontus cavalry does look amazing, I'll be sure to try them out as one of the first. Though my tactics are usually more of the ambush and terror type instead of hammer and anvil ploy that suits the cavalry factions so well.