Author Topic: Warmachine: Tactics  (Read 1774 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Warmachine: Tactics
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:32:17 AM »
So. I was just browsing kickstarter and found this.

I for one *love* steampunk and clockwerk (sic) fantasy. From game footage it looks like a mash up of Dishonored setting with X-COM:EU gameplay. This could possibly be my perfect video game. Indie developers Whitemoon Dreams wanted to create a game using the Warmachine license and the head of Privateer Press was more than accomodating. The kickstarter is finished with all the bonus targets being hit meaning that when the game is released, there will be a lot more content. Yay.

For those of you that are unaware, Warmachine is a tabletop game much like any other (setting aside) created by Privateer Press. You play as a Warcaster, the leaders of these futuristic armies. Warcasters multi-class between an engineer, a wizard and a bladesman. Jack of all trades and master of all. Not only do can guys and girls become whirlwinds of destruction in their own right, they control giant steam powered robots kitted out with guns and blades, flamethrowers and rocket launchers....All the fun stuff. There is a little more to it than that, it's not simply Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots with wizards. Each of these Warcasters is also backed by a nation or a lot of money. Regular troops that wouldn't look out of place in a Warhammer Imperial Guard army form the core mass of bodies and help to shape some kind of narrative which sounds suspiciously the story behind the MOBA, League of Legends.

Yes this game borrows heavily from other sources but also it looks like a decent mash up where it could have gone horribly wrong. I'll be more than willing to give it a shot on release.

EDIT: I believe given how much was given to the project that players can fully customize colours for each of their armies.

For a closer look at the lore and world, check out http://www.warmachinetactics.com/#!theworld/cqkd

Check it out, looks exceptionally promising. I'll be keeping an eye out on this one, no word of when it'll be done yet or how much it will cost.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/409030043/warmachine-tactics
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:22:49 AM by Rob »
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.