Author Topic: Southern Realm: Resurected  (Read 13884 times)

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Southern Realm: Resurected
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »
So, who's interested? I'm planing on using the Floris Mod Pack because it adds so much more items and stuff. So what I think I will do is get the map file from the Southern Realms and (I think it should be compatible) put it in the Floris mod pack. Actually, I wouldn't be able to upload it so could someone else please do that and upload? We can start from there.

If anyone has anything against using the Floris Mod Pack than please post. Maybe we only need the Diplomacy mod with a few other added items and stuff.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Southern Realm: Resurected
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:00:48 PM »
I think Floris is a good start point.

The main thing for SR will, I think, be adding all the troops back in - and obviously scenes, though I guess you can port most of those over.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 04:40:32 AM »
Me too. :)

I like that we have to do the scenes from scratch. I'm not sure but does Warband allow for bigger maps or not? if so than we can smooth some of the rough edges you had to make so that you could make the map bigger.

I would also like to have heaps more companions too. I felt that there just wasn't enough for how many cities there were.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 04:45:52 AM by The Khan »

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:56 PM »
I have no problem with you scratch-building the scenes, but there are a few I'd like you to keep :P

(Estarinia springs to mind, particularly the castle is a wonderfully big maze. Also probably Geroia, those two are basically my adopted homes. And the pirate ports are fun).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »
Would it be possible to have the pirate city with the same menu as normal cities?

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • It is easier to criticize than to correct our past
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 08:04:25 PM »
Would it be possible to have the pirate city with the same menu as normal cities?
Probably,but it most likely means that you must screw around with the faction ownership...

Also,Khan,do you have any M&B modding experience?
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
Yes, I have done some scene editing before. I can't say I'll be much help with anything else though.

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:20:06 PM »
Yes, I have done some scene editing before. I can't say I'll be much help with anything else though.
Modding M&B isn't too bad,the only thing is that,more often that not,the module system will refuse to do what you want it to do.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:23:54 PM by Skull »
Skull, the one of poor grammar, the enemy of all Grammar Nazi and destroyer of all linguistic reasoning!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »
I only found that to be the case when I was doing more complex quests and bits of scripting...

Paramythion

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 01:19:04 AM »
The Khan: Well, I played around with adding the map to Floris, and it loads up the map perfectly well. Although it is somewhat amusing, seeing King Ragnar holding his court in the Duck and Spackle Tavern. I'll probably be fiddling around with adding the scenes and whatnot, over the rest of tonight. Do you want me to upload Floris with the SR map somewhere? I am not sure where I would upload it..

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
I think more people should hold court at the Duck and Spackle tavern, it's a good place to be.  ;D

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 05:58:09 AM »
Hahaha! Para, maybe you can use Megaupload or something, I don't upload much so I have no idea. Also, does Warband use the same map maker as the original? I want to see if it'd be possible to detail the map some more because I know that Jubal have to sacrifice the bridges and a lot of detail to make the map bigger. I want to see if we can have the same size but more detail when it's in Warband.

Skull

• Magister equitum
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 11:25:54 AM »
Hahaha! Para, maybe you can use Megaupload or something, I don't upload much so I have no idea. Also, does Warband use the same map maker as the original? I want to see if it'd be possible to detail the map some more because I know that Jubal have to sacrifice the bridges and a lot of detail to make the map bigger. I want to see if we can have the same size but more detail when it's in Warband.
Yep,as far as I know,Thorgrim's Map Editor is the only real map editor for the Original and for WB. But you need to mess around a bit with the text files.

Paramythion

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 05:43:56 AM »
Well, I am not going to get the chance to mod much, as the only computer I own that can handle the Floris Mod, has gone all screwy. The internet for it quit working, and until such time as I buy a flash drive to move the modded files around, or I fix the computer, I won't be doing any uploading anywhere. :/

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 04:02:32 AM »
I plan on starting this back up when I get my new computer. Also with the new Internet I should also be able to upload anything I need to by myself.

My plan, when I get the new computer, is to give all the new towns and villages the scenes from the older ones, that way people can still play properly without having to shoot at floating castles until we can replace them all.

If we use the Floris mod we will have to tweak quite a few things, but it shouldn't take too long, as all the basics are there from the Floris mod and the old Southern Realms. But instead of using the old map I intend on getting the new Calradia map and extending that. It may take some work and planning but I think it will be worth it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:14:43 AM by The Khan »