Author Topic: The Chaos Horse Marauder UI script  (Read 23225 times)

knotten55

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Chaos Horse Marauder UI script
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2015, 09:33:20 PM »
There was a problem with the Chaos_General model. I did a fix that turns all chaos generals to Chaos_lesser_general but i don't know how to fix the issue with the actual model. Even tho this thread does NOT include other bugs, can i report here that the Nurgle temple build chain is kind of broken as the plaguemound building requires a level 4 town, but chaos can only upgrade their towns to level 3, is this intentional to limit plaguemound to conquered cities or...?

knotten55

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2015, 09:56:23 PM »
What should i do here?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »
Sorry, been away!

Um, not sure. Check the filenames and check all the capitalisation is correct first, I'd say, including of the filename endings. And then check that the model linkage in the generals file is correct.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TheArabianBabe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2015, 09:51:37 PM »
Hello, sorry to bother you all, but i appear to be having problems with my chaos units. whenever i start a battle as chaos the game crashes. until now i have loved this mod but now i am crying ;( please can i have some assistance?

forgot to mention, but i have tried all of the previous solutions, but unfortunately it has come to no avail ;(

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »
Right, starting list of things to check:
- Does this only happen in custom battle, only in campaign, or both?
- Does this happen in custom battle when you avoid using marauder horsemen?

There basically seem to be two problems - firstly, the chaos marauder horsemen are bugged, secondly, the chaos generals (but not captains) have a problem (which I'm currently recommending people fix by making the general model the same as the lesser general model).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

TheArabianBabe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2015, 07:33:39 PM »
OK, Yes, both campaign and custom battles don't seem to be working, anything other than the horsemen work fine, but instead of closing down without warning like I have seen others report, it does come up with windows error scanner (the "windows is scanning for problems thing).

Thanks for your help, i didn't think you would reply so quickly :)

Edit- Now I think there is a problem with orks and goblins as well :P I'll have a look round the code myself for a bit, see if there is anything obvious
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:39:45 PM by TheArabianBabe »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2015, 08:27:25 PM »
Huh, definitely not had O&G problems reported with the main build...

Whether it CTDs with no error or has the windows scanner is just a difference of OS/build - it's the same thing I think.

TheArabianBabe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2015, 08:45:32 PM »
Huh, i think it was something on my end cause orks work fine now (originally tried campaign, as soon as I went to battle it crashed, retried both campaign and custom battle, both work fine) but chaos still don't work ;( Still looking through files though.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 12:00:49 PM »
I should really just try and put a patch together for the chaos thing, but it's been so long that I'm not even sure I know my way around the files well enough now :(