Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 48309 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
Practically nobody actually bothers to read Gibbon. It was probably quite heavy going even for Gibbon to read.  :P

But yeah, as you guys might notice all the staff titles on this site are basically adapted from the Byzantine court.  ;D
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »
I am an California/Arizona boy!

Hah, I'm from California and I live near the Arizona Border :)

Indeed, I despise Gibbon's works in regards to the Eastern Romans. Greatest of the Medieval Kingdoms in my opinion but alas they suffered the same fate of all empires and Eventually Collapsed. Wouldn't it be grand to make an RTR mod based around the Period of Heraclius and the Muslim Conquests, to me that time period was when Eastern Rome was at it's historical Zenith in my Opinion, The two great empires of Late Antiquity, the sassanids Conquered by the Arab Invaders and the Romans of the East fighting for their very Survival and inadvertently the Survival of Christian Europe as we know it.

Sigma

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 10:34:18 PM »
Hello, I'm from the U.S. state of Virginia. :P Uhh, I play Total War mods. I honestly don't have a favorite period of history and I like almost all periods almost equally. I have very minor knowledge of modding, I've dabbled in it in the past but that's about it. Also I was invited here by ahowl. Good to meet all of you.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »
Good to have you here Sigma. Feel free to test the BETA and give your analysis in the BETA testing thread :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Ciciro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 12:19:42 AM »
Hello, I'm from the U.S. state of Virginia. :P Uhh, I play Total War mods. I honestly don't have a favorite period of history and I like almost all periods almost equally. I have very minor knowledge of modding, I've dabbled in it in the past but that's about it. Also I was invited here by ahowl. Good to meet all of you.

Hello fellow Virgin(ian)!  ;D I too was invited from that bastion of Total War that is the Center.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 12:38:34 AM »
Welcome Ciciro! Feel free to test out the BETA and give your analysis :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Cozmicus

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
Hi guys!

My name is Cosmin and I'm raised in the dark forests of Transylvania, Romania! I'm a RTR fan cos it represents my fighting instincts and trust me most of us here have lived the RTR reality in our past lifes. We are all warriors on one way or another.   
At this moment i live in Stockholm Sweden, I'm 32 years old, and i work as a engineer on the cities electricity network.  I play rugby on my spare time and like to collect latest electronic junk models out there. Just recently i purchases some floor speakers that have ruin my income for the next 2 years.  I'm also into history a lot, (mostly my peoples ancient knowledge, the Dacians) i meditate and I'm a spiritual seeker. How all this is connected i let you put it together.

Playing RTR for some time i got very disappointed of the ROME II game witch i bought a special edition packaged by the way and want to improve the old Rome games because they are more fun playing. I believe the best mode out there is Rome platinum edition 1.9 because is kept simple and i believe this is very important to this game. RS II is maybe the best all-round but there are to many fighting units for each faction and that ruins the reality of the game. For exemple i believed a barbarian faction should be made of a war band unit (basic short spears ) an infantry unit (swords), a special unit (like falxmen as tracians) and an elite unit+ 1 archer unit + 1 or 2 missile units and 2 different cavely units. Thats a total of max 9 units and the game will be more fun in my opinion. No special design for units or something like that. a spear, a shield and a armour to the elite units.

Well i hope i can help Andy (ahowl11) with something and wherever he ask I will try to do it. I don't have time programming and stuff but i can put together already made puzzle and give feedbacks. I wish him all the best in this, and a big HI to you all ROME TR family.  Where is heart there is joy and fun, and a lot of people is putting all their hearts in this game!

Cosmin (alias Cozmicus)

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Bernardo and I'm from Portugal. I'm a huge RTR fan, probably my favourite historical mod tied with Europa Barbarorum, and I love history, regardless of the era. It's funny because my interest in history started with Rome I Total War and I thought that the game was completely historical accurate until I discover the mods. Needless to say, I learned a lot of history since then.

In real life, I'm an university student in Lisbon's Law School. My hobbies are sports (I play rugby in the university's team), hunting, fishing and pretty much everything it has to do with nature. I'm also, like many others here, a big fan of Tolkien.

I pretty new to modding and I suspect ahowl (Andy?) only asked me to join because I have 3dsMax and he needs help doing the unit cards. Nevertheless, I would do my best to learn fast and, hopefully, become somewhat of a modder one day.

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 07:57:53 PM »
Welcome to the Fun Cozmicus and Bercor :)

I pretty new to modding and I suspect ahowl (Andy?) only asked me to join because I have 3dsMax and he needs help doing the unit cards. Nevertheless, I would do my best to learn fast and, hopefully, become somewhat of a modder one day.

Don't be silly, that's just one of the reasons :P, Truth be told beta testers are very much needed for this mod. Since it just started it was just me and a few others testing the game so most likely  bugs slipped by us. The more beta testers the mod has the more bugs the team will find and the more polished the mod will be at released. Plus I'm learning a lot too, It's not just about modding units and stuff, it's also about balance, so you'll learn a lot :)

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »
Welcome to the Fun Cozmicus and Bercor :)

Don't be silly, that's just one of the reasons :P, Truth be told beta testers are very much needed for this mod. Since it just started it was just me and a few others testing the game so most likely  bugs slipped by us. The more beta testers the mod has the more bugs the team will find and the more polished the mod will be at released. Plus I'm learning a lot too, It's not just about modding units and stuff, it's also about balance, so you'll learn a lot :)

I know. Just trying to make a joke to break the ice (unsuccesfully it appears) ;).

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »
I know. Just trying to make a joke to break the ice (unsuccesfully it appears) ;).

Oh, no good sir, you delivered the Joke flawlessly, it was I who ruined the delivery of it with my lackluster attempt at a witty joke response :P. Either way welcome, glad to have you onboard :)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 11:06:26 PM »
Yes my name is Andy haha. I don't mind being called by my name but I'm used to ahowl on the forums :)

welcome Cozmicus and Bercor. Yes Bercor, I do need you for Unit Cards but you will certainly not be restricted to that, ideas, testing, and a lot of other things are needed as well.

mirionis9

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 08:06:49 AM »
Hi everybody! I'm Mirionis9. I am from Larissa, Greece. I've studied history and archaeology and I'm mostly interested in the hellenistic era. My modding skills are below average, but I'm willing to contribute in any possible way, propably as a historian.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 09:31:29 AM »
Welcome Mirionis!

Principe Alessandro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 02:34:55 PM »
Greetings, I live in Italy and I'm an undergraduate student of ancient-medieval history. I'm happy to give my contribution.

Regards