Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 48324 times)

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »
Hello and welcome :), Loved your work for Sparta Total war. Though this mod is on the Rome 1 engine, not Rome 2  ???
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:33:26 PM by b257 »

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »
Yup, Rome 1. You are aware of that, right?

Principe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2014, 03:53:14 AM »
I am Principe. I came over from the Total war Forums when I heard that this mod was being created. I can write unit descriptions and building descriptions, but I am the worst person who ever modded a game. I guess that disqualifies me, but since I have some free time and someone said you needed Unit descriptions, I wanted to help you out in any way I can.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2014, 04:50:03 AM »
Hello Principe, what is your name on TWC? We are happy to see you join our project!
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Principe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2014, 03:28:15 PM »
Ownager. You invited me I think? I'm glad to see such a warm welcome. I'll get to work as soon as I can.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2014, 03:30:15 AM »
Ah I did, that was some time ago!
Welcome :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Principe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2014, 01:54:45 PM »
Just one last thing. Where should I submit my descriptions?

RedFox

• When it's done.™
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2014, 02:38:11 PM »
I think the best solution would be to submit your descriptions directly into the correct files inside our SVN Repository. This way the changes would be immediate to everyone :)
"I'm telling you this because you don't get it, you think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Principe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2014, 05:27:04 PM »
I was thinking it would be better if I sent it to one of the higher ups first so they could see it and edit it. Anyone in particular I could send it to?

RedFox

• When it's done.™
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »
I don't think offloading work like that would be effective. There's no "higher ups" here to do all work. If we all did it like that, then in the end, one guy at the top of the chain would have it very rough, since all the work piled on top of him.

If you do your SVN checkout, you can open the text description files such as RTR/data/text/export_units.txt, the entries should already be in there. For coordination, you can always talk to ahowl11 about what you added, or simply link up the unit descriptions into export_descr_units.txt yourself and then SVN Commit. :)
"I'm telling you this because you don't get it, you think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Principe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2014, 07:12:42 PM »
I beg your pardon, I may have given you the wrong impression.
I am willing to do as much work as I have to on the unit descriptions. The only thing is that I know RTR has a high standard, and I don't want to provide anything below the expectations. When I said higher-ups, I meant someone who could tell me if there was anything wrong or anything to change. I don't want to force my work on others.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »
Well, then create a thread and post your descriptions there, so we can see them  :).

RedFox

• When it's done.™
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »
Yeah, that sounds great, you can post them for viewing in a thread. :) If anyone notices something out of place, they can just comment on the thread ;)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
Seems like you all figured that out :)

Quinn_Inuit

• Not a real eskimo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2014, 02:29:44 AM »
Hi.  How are things?
--
My writing-related Twitter feed.

The Extended Realism Mod  for Rome-Total War:  come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions.  Or vice versa.