Author Topic: Stamina system  (Read 3407 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Stamina system
« on: January 18, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »
So I've been wondering whether a battle stamina system would be a good idea.

Basically this would mean that using skills uses up stamina, so if you're a fourth level fighter you can't just use bladestorm as your standard attack. Would also mean that for higher level enemies wearing their stamina down until they were down to using their basic attack could become important and make fights a lot more tactical. On the minus side, more complexity that the game might not really need.

Thoughts?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Stamina system
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:20:39 AM »
I've played a game that has a similar system. It works really well.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:15 AM »
It's a good idea.

Also, in TES games the level of stamina at the moment of a power attack directly affects the damage output.
Meaning your first power attack is probably going to be the strongest. Which kind of makes sense.
Just an idea.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »
My other thought with this is that it probably necessitates a battle display window so you can keep track of your/your foe's stamina. But yes, it would make battles genuinely a bit tactical and give a lot more uses to things like defensive stance, say, if they allowed you to regain a little bit of stamina whilst you fought defensively.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:36 PM »
Stamina system in place.  :)