Author Topic: Hannah Milburn's Concept Art  (Read 21412 times)

HannahM

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hannah Milburn's Concept Art
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 04:08:49 AM »
Thanks guys! God I wish I was a 1/5 as good as Adamowicz his landscapes are amazing. Funny you should mention elder scrolls though cause I did look at  spriggans and high elves for some inspiration :).
Glad to hear that I got near the mark Jubal wasn't sure if they were supposed to have wings or not.
Also here my first sketch for the scholar to go with the protune.
Get a hold of that darkness deep down in you. Get back up. What are you so afraid of.

HannahM

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 05:01:50 PM »
Get a hold of that darkness deep down in you. Get back up. What are you so afraid of.

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 09:59:25 PM »
I think it should be "ever", not "never". :P Just a friendly observation.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

comrade_general

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2014, 12:12:23 AM »
Like you should be giving grammar advice, KHAN! :P

HannahM

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2014, 01:19:49 AM »
Ha it's a good thing it's not inked in, I have bop so grammar and spelling aren't my strong point xp so I'll apologies for all my errors now. (Managed to break Soros yesterday cause of all my spelling errors -_-)

Might not get anything up for a couple of days got one last album cover to do and just bought child of light and I need several hours just to look at her hair. But I'll try and get a comic page finished and start working on a neat version or the scholar & protune. So please get any thoughts and changes/ideas that you have about them. :)

HannahM

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2014, 03:11:52 PM »
So I didn't do my album work cause balls to that noise, here some comic book pages to go with shadow-kiki's story. Hopefully gonna add the text to it tomorrow woo!

I've never draw landscapes before so it'll be interesting to see what you think. ;D

comrade_general

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »
Wow, Hannah Milburn. You are talent.

HannahM

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2014, 04:53:59 PM »
Your far too nice saying something like that; I've still got a long way to go. I'm so happy I found gss though It's really inspired me and made me love drawing again. 

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »
The landscapes are some of my favourite stuff so far, just being able to see Qualnar and that "Florence in the middle of the alps" feeling coming over so well is really awesome.  :)

Also the portune and scholar are adorable.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
Just being painfully blunt here. The landscape is a bit empty and underwhelming. They just look flat and boring. The buildings have those random little bricks on them every now and than but the trees and mountains don't have any texture at all. I still think it looks awesome though. I was just looking at it from a critiques point of view. 
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2014, 11:58:05 PM »
I disagree, I like that style - it actually brings a lot of clarity and boldness to the image, I think it makes the basic lines of the picture stick more firmly in one's mind. Most of this is concept, it's about getting the message/idea across and for me (at least), the idea of Qualnar is captured very well.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2014, 01:37:13 AM »
Yeah, KHAN! >:(

HannahM

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
Thanks Khan I'm glad you gave an honest critic of what you think I really appreciate it and I understand what you mean I did try adding details but I just couldn't get the quality of line I wanted (I spent a full day sulking about it). I think if I do landscapes in the future I'll try and do it by hand instead of on my tablet and maybe learn how to watercolour so that they have a bit more depth.
Glad you like it Jubal I stuck some of the text with it and if you don't like the font I can change it no problem.

TTG4

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Plants are my passion!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »
Aww, and I just starting to think it looked like a nice place... I like the artwork though, I think I hold some sympathy with Khan's comment on the mountains, but equally that does draw your attention towards the city, which seems like what's wanted here?

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2014, 07:48:22 PM »
Yeah thats some decent art stuff. Very grey, but I spose thats the setting. I like the cat.