Author Topic: Discussion: BETA to Full Version?  (Read 1974 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Discussion: BETA to Full Version?
« on: February 12, 2014, 01:09:06 AM »
Okay it's come to this.

We have a pretty nice BETA that is just inches away from being tested. This BETA does not stray to far from vanilla total war since no factions are going to be changed, the unit rosters are staying the same, there is no massive AOR, and the economy is still vanilla based.

What we have added is the following:
A complete overhaul of the visual side of the game
New battle mechanics that will offer much more realistic and longer battles
A wall system, where wooden walls have ramparts and can have troops on top, with the proper siege equipment along with it
Various Bug Fixes and changes

I say we need to release one more BETA version to make this a RTR Project 1.0.

In this final BETA version here is what I think we should do:
Change Spain to Iberia
Change Scythia to Sarmatia
Add in parts of the economy infrastructure from the SSas Mod (really makes the game more strategic)
Make Egypt a hellenistic faction
Get rid of all ahistorical units and add a few necessary units but save our work on the actual unit rosters until the Full Version
Get rid of the brutii and scipii from the campaign, but keep the Senate
Add in more visual stuff that we can find (User Interface, Barbarian Walls etc)
Add in 4 turns per year mod
Other smaller stuff

Then with the BETA version finished and complete, the public should have enough time to thoroughly play the mod, enjoy it, catch issues, and ultimately want more, because it would be a skeleton mod.

I literally could do all of the above with little or no help.

While I do that, we can also be making the new map. That way by the time I release the Final Beta we would already have a substantial head start on the full version. We will also continue to research the unit rosters and then the AORMercenary rosters.

In the full version (which we could label 2.0) we would make Thrace Illyria, Britons Celtic Tribes, and Senate Independent Peoples. We would then add the Scipii and Brutii back into the game as The Greek States and Hellenic Kingdoms. The mod would run from 280 BC till either 100 BC or 30 BC

I think that's a good plan, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. So I'll stop there.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Fëanáro

• RTR Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Discussion: BETA to Full Version?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
I think I agree.