Author Topic: Historical Battles - Proposals  (Read 2561 times)

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Historical Battles - Proposals
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »
In this thread you can propose historical battles you would like to see in the mod. Ideally, state the name of the battle and give a brief summary of it, so that other people can know what is about.

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Historical Battles - Proposals
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:58:56 PM »
Battle of Sellasia 222 BC

See other thread. Achaian League & Macedon in the plain attacking two Spartan armies on two fortificated hills.

Battle of Zela August 2, 47 BC

Pontos vs Rome. On his way back from Egypt Gaius Julius Caesar faced a rebellion of Mithridates' son Pharnaces II against Roman overrule. Pharnaces was able to - perhaps the only person ever to do so- take Caesar by surprise and attacked the Roman lines while they were still forming on a hill position. But the legionary lines, together with their feroucious Galatian mercenary allies, held firm and repelled the attack, crushing both the Pontic army and Pharnaces' dreams of rebuilding his father's empire at once. After the battle, Caesar set down and wrote a letter to his friend Amantius in Rome, describing the events laconically: ,, Veni, vidi, vici.''
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

Fëanáro

• RTR Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:39:50 PM »
I'd like to see the battle of Cannae, Hannibal's masterpiece, although it could be hard to replicate in-game.

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »
Battle of Panium, Seleucids vs Ptolemy's battle in which Seleucid use of their Cataphracts was at its finest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Panium

Mandoni

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 12:12:30 PM »
I'd like to see the battle of Cannae, Hannibal's masterpiece, although it could be hard to replicate in-game.

I particularly like that of Cannae and Zama are challenging

216 B.C. Battle of Cannae, Italy, Hannibal of Carthage vs Emilio Publius Varro and Rome

202 B.C. Battle of Zama, Africa, Scipio, Hannibal of Carthage vs Rome

http://dai.ly/x1d7d8h
CUIUSVIS HOMINIS EST ERRARE , NULLIUS NISI INSIPIENTIS IN ERRORE PERSEVERARE ( Filípiques 12.2.5 )