Author Topic: Tortoise SVN  (Read 1928 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tortoise SVN
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »
Now that a lot of us are going to be working on different files at once I think we should start using a file sharing system. The old RTR VII team used Tortoise SVN. I have it, but I don't know how to use it well enough to set everything up for us. Does anyone know how to work Tortoise SVN?
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tortoise SVN
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »
I believe you need a central server to run it off... I've used the user-end client when I worked on 0AD but never dealt with the server side stuff.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:35:12 PM »
Is there an easier way to share files with a team?
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
Most will involve some sort of centralised server - I don't know if there's some way you could dump everything in a central dropbox...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:54:33 PM »
Ha actually we could use drop box :)