Author Topic: Discussion: New Mercenary Units  (Read 11821 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Discussion: New Mercenary Units
« on: March 12, 2014, 12:51:29 AM »
I know Mausolos has his thread on Mercenaries but I thought we could start getting more specific. Here are all the mercenary pools with the units available to them. Let's make changes and adjustments as well as adding the new mercenaries to relevant pools.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:55:13 PM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Discussion: New Mercenary Units
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:25:37 PM »
That will be a lot of work... right now I can only see the list when quoting, maybe you could post it without a spoiler?
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »
Done
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »
Cheers. So that list is like things stand right now? So how do these numbers for the replenish rate etc. make sense?

exp 0 cost 1000 replenish 0.01 - 0.02 max 1 initial 0

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 04:16:23 PM »
Yes that is what it is currently.

I think the bigger the number the faster that they will replenish and have available.

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »
Okay then. So we need to attach all mercenaries to all regions? Don't we plan to get another map with some other regions, so this would change, too?

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »
Yes.
There is no guarantee that this new map will be made. Even if it is, it would not be ready for a very long time. We have to make do with this map, which is not that bad in itself.

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 04:52:28 PM »
Okay, yeah then we should do that, perhaps combine it with AoR units? Many of them will be available as mercenaries, too, anyway.

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »
Only put the AOR units that could be recruited as Mercenaries.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »
I think we should discuss, map-wide, which mercenaries implement.

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 11:34:30 PM »
It's time then to discuss this as well ;) Do we also have to discuss all the ''exp 0 cost 1000 replenish 0.01 - 0.02 max 1 initial 0''? Or just list the units first? Maybe unit + cost+ possible replenishment rate (although I'm not sure how this one works and where to make the differences).

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 06:00:36 AM »
Yeah first we need to look at our current map and make an AOR for it as well as look at the mercenary pools. Until we have a brand new map ready to go, I am focusing on the current one. It's a great map in itself guys, maybe making a new one would be a waste of time and effort? By using our current map it puts us so much further ahead so that we could make our Punic Wars Campaign sooner :P

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 10:29:23 AM »
Well it's a good map, not a great one, in my opinion. Some visual glitches (squared islands and look at the Nile Delta and you'll see problems there too), but what makes it difficult for me to accept it, is the fact that we would always be dependent of Philadelphos agreement to make changes. I don't think that speedy releases are the most important aspect.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
That is stuff that can be fixed with not a lot of effort. We do not need his agreement on anything, we could make as many changes as we want. However, he constructed everything to work and I am just afraid to mess with too much. The physical glitches can be fixed, as for cities we have already discussed what we would do in taking those cities out of germania and also switching up Gaul.

However, if Hereje or anyone else can make the map for us, I'll take it. Until then we have to continue with the one we have. We can't stop our progress and wait for the new map, and we cannot make progress with the idea that we will have the map. We don't know if we'll have the map and we should not make plans for it until we have it. I'm just trying to save time and frustration because I have made this mistake before and it threw everything out of sorts with the mod.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 04:22:31 PM »
Of course, I agree that we should not stop the development. I was merely opposing your idea that making a new map is a waste of time and resources, even more that is only Hereje who is actually doing.