Author Topic: 280 BC Starting Locations  (Read 3804 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
280 BC Starting Locations
« on: March 12, 2014, 04:20:01 AM »
Okay now that we are getting quite realistic now with everything we need more accurate starting positions. For this next version we will not simulate the Macedon/Greece Chaos as we are not ready for that. We will also not simulate the Bactrian/Parthian revolts either. Instead we will have the factions start with certain territories. Some factions like the Geto-Dacians anf Sarmatians are going to be mis-represented until we make our own map, but it's not that bad. The Independent faction is going to be an interesting one that is for sure. I need to message dvk about how he set it up for Roma Surrectum.

Here is a list of each faction and what I think they should start with.

Rome
Rome
Capua
Bovianum
Arretium

Hellenic Kingdoms
Ambracia
Corcyra
Tarentum
Croton
Syracuse
Pergamum
Cyrene
Bactra Zariaspa

Greek Cities
Athens
Aegion
Thebes
Massilia
Rhodes

Greek States
Sparta
Thermon
Panticapaeum
Phanagoria
Byzantium

Macedon
Pella
Thessalonica
Larissa
Chalcis
Corinth

Carthage
Carthage
Utica
Thapsus
Hippo
Lilybaeum
Panormus
Carales
Aleria
Lepcis
Tingis
Gades
Palma

Egypt
Alexandria
Memphis
Ptolemais
Thebes
Pelusium
Jerusalem
Tyre
Salamis
Side
Patara
Halicarnassus
Naxos
Mytilene

Seleucids
Ephesus
Sardes
Pessinus
Iconium
Tarsus
Antioch
Sidon
Damascus
Palmyra
Samosata
Edessa
Nisibis
Dura Europos
Arbela
Seleucia
Babylon
Ecbatana
Susa
Persepolis
Zadracarta
Hekatompylos
Carmana
Antiochia Margianis
Artacoana
Marakanda

Pontus
Amasia
Trapezus

Armenia
Armavir
Tigranocerta
Carcathiocerta

Parthia
Chorasmia
Davaba

Numidia
Cirta
Capsa
Iol
Siga

Sarmatians
Olbia
Gelonus
Siracena
Kasia

Geto-Dacians
Sarmizegetusa
Porolissum

Germans
Teutoburgium
Mattium
Marobudum
Laciburgium

Gauls
Alesia
Lutetia Parisiorum
Mediolanium
Bononia
Lemonum
Gergovia

Celtic Tribes
Bagacum
Camulodunum
Noreia
Numantia
Ancyra

Eastern Kingdoms
Pattala
Taxila
Mariba
Petra
Bostra
Gazaca
Mazaka
Nicomedia

Independent Peoples
Philippopolis
Genua
Olisipo
Patavium
Scodra

Thoughts?
Also, would anyone like to volunteer to edit the descr_strat for this next version?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:53:31 PM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 280 BC Starting Locations
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »
Croton would still be independent and part of Pyrrhos' coalition in 280 BC, it only came under Roman control in 277 BC.
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »
Revised to resemble current faction list
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Aquila

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 03:29:47 AM »
Since this is 280 B.C., Pyrrhus of Epirus would be alive for eight more years.  Historically, there would have been a fully developed Epirus, along with southern Italy supporting Pyrrhus' campaigns in 280 B.C.  Three years later he would control most of Sicily, minus the west part, which contained Lilybaeum, that still belonged to Carthage.  How could we incorporate this into the mod?

Alavaria

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 03:56:15 AM »
I admit, there's nothing more satisfying than starting a campaign and whacking so-and-so that was supposed to be A Thing 20 turns later but is now a corpse.

Was the plan to have those parts of Italy in a superfaction?

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 06:11:11 AM »
Yes that's the plan. Epirus should be well represented

The Sloth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 08:46:17 AM »
Are we going with a generic Celtic faction now, instead of the Aedui?

Also, we could try to merge the Celtic Tribes and Independent Peoples into a Free Tribes faction.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »
I agree that way we could have the Ardiae.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »
For the base campaign we are going for the 'Germanic Tribes' etc for the Barbs. The specific tribes and their starting positions will be swap factions, that way we can really represent them.

I've already stated my case about combining the factions. It wouldn't work.

Remember guys, this is a base campaign, we need the super factions. There is no need for the individual tribe in this campaign. The important tribes will all be represented through the swap campaigns. This is why I had the idea in the first place, so we wouldn't be constantly revising the faction list. This campaign focuses on the big factions and the little guys will all get their time in the sun. I can assure you that. :)

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 03:57:32 PM »
Why wouldn't it work? After all, we could give Olisipo to the Iberian tribes, Scodra would go to the Ardiae and the remaining settlements are pretty much celtic.

What about the Gauls? What will be their name? Celtic tribes it's already used...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 04:33:07 PM »
I'm just not comfortable combining all of the barbarians into one huge faction. Even if we had Illyria, they would be the Illyrians and they would have Scodra, Siscia and Salona. The Illyrians were not a big time player in the scheme of things, they raided and were taken care of rather quickly by Rome. Also in RTRPE I don't remember the Illyrians being a popular faction to play as. It's just better in my opinion to combine them in the Free tribes faction. At least give it a chance guys, we have not even tested anything out yet.
When we test, if it's not working well, by all means we can make a change. This is the BASE campaign, it's not a final work. When everything is said and done, every single faction will have it's own mod foldered campaign so nobody will even play the Base imperial campaign. This is just going to make our work easier when we make the mod foldered campaigns. trust me, there is a method to this madness.
Simple: Gallic Tribes. Germanic Tribes, Geto-Dacian Tribes, Scytho-Sarmatian Tribes, Iberian Tribes. We could also use Peoples, Confederation etc