Author Topic: Bug reports  (Read 24786 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 09:20:05 AM »
Quote from: "STaTIoN"
Great mod and ideas.

-I've got stuck in the city when bandits tried to kill me at Reyvadin, I killed all 3 of them but the battle wouldn't end after a long time, and the city is quite small. Maybe it's a direct bug or maybe a 4th bandit spawned outside O.o

-All arena fights have spawn problems.

-When I try to attack patrols, after the dialogue there's only the leave option.

-Are there troops that occupy more than 1 party slot? I'm at 65/78 without beeing able to recruit anymore men, and when i tried to upgrade an alanian hobile to alanian knight it said there was no slot for upgrading him (the message was on the upgrade icon).

-Many dialogue problems, mainly with the heroes, that all have problems when you go near somewhere and they want to tell you their history.

-Lords spawn on weird places at City of Harlaushia castle, you shouldn't really worry about this, unless there is a possibility that they may spawn outside the castle...

-I THINK I saw lords stuck in the river passes between vaegirs and Alania, I can't be sure because I was hunting a caravan and a lord while beeing hant by a king...

-The middle roof of that knights thing near Zendar, Vaegirs and Alania, it's nocliped.

These are the ones I remember of.
--------------------------
I'm too lazy for posting on different threads, so please answer me these questions:

What is the tactics mod?

Is mapping for M&B like what? I've mapped for the source engine (hl2, DoD etc...) so I know a bit of 3D armadillo, if you are needing help.

Thanks.
The bandit fighta are quite bugged, the bankers and NPCs in the city join in and they often can't get to you at all.

Not quite all, but most arena fights are indeed bugged, something I hope to fix.

Are the patrols in question of a faction you are enemies with?

You can only get a certain number of types of troop in your army, I think that must be what's happened. It's hardcoded and unavoidable.

Yea, the hero dialogs are messed up...that's not too high priority for me atm.

The lord's physically can't spawn outside... I'll move some spawn points around mebbe.

The middle roof is another unaviodable issue, I'm not too bothered about it as nobody needs to be on the roof anyway.

Tactics mod is where you can uses keys (see tut thread) to give extra commands to your troops, such as wedge, line, or block formation.

Mapping is done with the Map Editor, I do all that... I guess you men scene editing, whoicch is done via the game and is pretty drag, drop and move in style.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pudding

Bug reports
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »
Two bugs I've found:

The new villages I've visited (mostly around Geroia) don't load. They say object load error as the cene loads, and then you're stuck in an empty landscape, unable to move.

When I tried to train villagers they spawned almost on top of me and I wasn't able to move away from them.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 04:46:35 PM »
Yea, there's a lot of bugged villages I admit. I basically need more scene editors to help with all the villages, castles, etc. that are messed up.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Leopardo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 06:05:52 PM »
Hi, I dont know why but theres some kind of invisible walls in the map, i cant go too far and its really boring...

thanks!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2009, 09:28:08 PM »
Screenie?

Leopardo

• View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »
well, its just the camera who refuses to go further ('invisible' walls)

Bug reports
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2009, 03:20:26 AM »
Just one bug that is keeping me from conquering the world.

"Maras Castle" is blocked in by water and there's no way to get to it. In the native version there was a bridge. I'm aware that you are able to walk over certain parts of water, but there's no passage to Maras Castle. Thanks.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »
Now fixed, will be released with next version.

Bug reports
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2009, 05:06:50 AM »
I'm having problems with all the new villages, castles, and towns...during siege combat walls and buildings fail to load and enemy troops are often spawned outside the playable battlefield...making it impossible to win the fight.  Also, the ships during sea battles seem to allow my to drop through the floor.  An excellent mod all around those are the things I've noticed so far but it's looking like a great mod for the future.

Bug reports
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 11:33:47 PM »
Hey jubal if you could send me in the right direction regarding how to MOD i would like to learn to help out if i can. I have a few weeks break and alot of free time. So just point and let me figure it out then i can help. Keep up the good work.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 04:19:03 PM »
Firstly, take a look at as many tutorials as you can, and wrok through them. Download the ModuleSystem from TaleWorlds, and just muck around with changing stuff, adding troops and so on, until you get the hang of it. It's very hard to 'teach' modding, only by looking at code and teaching yourself will you get the hang of how the game ticks... I'm totally self-taught at this, it's not very hard programming, it does take time to learn what's what and how to manipulate the tuples and code correctly.

That said, PM me if you need help at any point, or I'm available on MSN (I'll PM you my MSN if you want it).

Bug reports
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2009, 07:50:54 AM »
I don't know if others are having this problem as well because I didn't see anyone else list this.. but I can't get my guys to disenbark off the ship.... keep hugging all the coast lines and can't have my guys leave the ship to move to land. I have tried clicking on land... towns, cities.. but my guys will not leave the ship. Ran out of food so many times before restarting.

Bug reports
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2009, 06:22:12 PM »
I don't know if this bugs have already be related but :

1/
at the village of Sharah
unable to load scene objects
scn_village_103

there are no buildings, just some bugged paesants, (and you initially are blocked, when you jump you got unblocked).

2/
Otherise, at Harlaushia, the Shah, is sometimes there, sometimes not (even if it's written he's there)

3/
Another thing : still the Harlaushia city, the arena :
unable to lead scene objects
scn_town_23_arena
there's just one cavalery and one infantry shooting in the middle of the plains.

btw, the background of Harlaushia are persians ??

The mod seems really great, good luck

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
Work is on a hiatus atm sadly... Harlaushia castle I can fix easily, the arena I'll prolly do as well. villages are just a mess.

The Harlaushians are persian yea, just crushed down from an imperial power to one remaining city.

Goromous

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug reports
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2009, 06:16:44 AM »
Not sure if this has been reported before.

I just started, right outside of the orinite monastery. I went inside and talked to Niroll. I recruited him, and went to talk to him again. His reply was: Surrender or die, your choice. Which you automatically reply with the standard bandit backtalk, etc.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it was certainly odd. :p