Author Topic: Feature ideas/plans/suggestnions  (Read 31321 times)

Deleted User

Feature ideas/plans/suggestnions
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2009, 11:13:35 PM »
Some ideas for you Jubal

#1 - Replace Jarren's Rock with a Mercenary Guild that is joinable (i.e. become a professional mercenary and rise throught the ranks). Have more people on the island and a tavern, castle etc.
#2 - add more adventurers like was suggested before, but have them leading small companies. Dranton's Destroyers, 30 strong. that sort of thing. Have them be able to be merced by kingdom's for campaigns like player can be.
#3 - Kingdom's actively recruit lords and promote lords from kingdom nobility. M&B never has the proper King-Noble power balance that appears throughout history.
#4 - elite Palace Guard/Household Guard units that are the sole purvue of the King/Emperor/Councilor, etc... Only king can have and command them, small in number, 10-20 at most. guard only Capitals (i.e. Praven, Narra, Maris, Sargoth, etc...) after walls and streets are taken.
#5 - Have campaign seasons for most kingdoms. Historically the spring and fall were warless due to the need to harvest and plant. Khergits, Empire, Nords, wouldn't have this restriction for obvious reasons.
#6 - Have area specific bandits and rougues. Praven Forest bandits, etc...
#7 - vastly diversify player quests. Messenger missions, diplomatic missions (once player gainst he trust of the king), that sort of thing.
#8 - Have warlords who only control one castle, maybe.
#9 - Have rebellions start on their own rather than player triggered. This would add a certain randomness to the political scene of the game.
#10 - don't have any more but wanted to end on a multiple of five

Thanks for reading

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
#1 - Replace Jarren's Rock with a Mercenary Guild that is joinable (i.e. become a professional mercenary and rise throught the ranks). Have more people on the island and a tavern, castle etc.
There will be hireable mercs on the rock, and mebbe a quest or two. A Merc guild would be most likely in/near Zendar I think though.

#2 - add more adventurers like was suggested before, but have them leading small companies. Dranton's Destroyers, 30 strong. that sort of thing. Have them be able to be merced by kingdom's for campaigns like player can be.
I've been trying to add this for ages, but never a) had time or B) managed. Somedaay this will definitely be added though.

#3 - Kingdom's actively recruit lords and promote lords from kingdom nobility. M&B never has the proper King-Noble power balance that appears throughout history.
Promoting lords would be practically impossible to implement. Lords switching factions, on the other hand, is a definite plan - faction with less land lose lords, factions with more land gain lords.

#4 - elite Palace Guard/Household Guard units that are the sole purvue of the King/Emperor/Councilor, etc... Only king can have and command them, small in number, 10-20 at most. guard only Capitals (i.e. Praven, Narra, Maris, Sargoth, etc...) after walls and streets are taken.
That'd be pretty cool, I might well look into that.

#5 - Have campaign seasons for most kingdoms. Historically the spring and fall were warless due to the need to harvest and plant. Khergits, Empire, Nords, wouldn't have this restriction for obvious reasons.
Hm, this would be hard considering the long timespans that would need counting. It's a possibility, but not many people play games stretching more than a few years making this not terribly useful. A likely idea I had would be to have lords camp at night, which would be much more relevant to timescale.

#6 - Have area specific bandits and rougues. Praven Forest bandits, etc...
Yea, might well look inot that.

#7 - vastly diversify player quests. Messenger missions, diplomatic missions (once player gainst he trust of the king), that sort of thing.
Quests do take time to code. I'd be more keen on this if I had another person to code them...

#8 - Have warlords who only control one castle, maybe.
There'll be one town warlords - one castle is hard because of the way villages/cities work, villagers end up spawning going to wierd destinations.

#9 - Have rebellions start on their own rather than player triggered. This would add a certain randomness to the political scene of the game.
Yep, totally in agreement here. I'm going to have ctiy rebellions, peasants revolts, probably even player quests to incite revolt in a city.

#10 - don't have any more but wanted to end on a multiple of five
Fairy snuff.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 08:39:10 PM »
Jubal you are a demi-god man.

I have one more suggestion so as to not be a fairy snuff

Roads. Actual roads. Paved in the more advanced civilization domains, but still discernable roads.  Bandits will crowd around them. Also ambushes would be nice. In forest have spotting go to zero and have bandits jump parties as in real life. Can that be done?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
Ambushes would be cool but difficult might try it, roads... I could I can get working. My map squares are twice that of native, so I can't do it that way, and using map models would be frankly hellish. Sorry, but I don't think that one's likely.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 04:08:57 AM »
Yeah i thought it might be. I don't know how to mod so i have no idea how hard some things are to do.  How's it comin anyway? I wish i could help in any other way but that of nag :$

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 07:33:13 AM »
I'm v. busy at the moment, in a couple of weeks I'll be freer and I can try and get a rough kinda release out hopefully.

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »
take your time man and make it awesome.

Alexc26

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 03:30:26 PM »
I just tried out this mod >>> MOD And i was thinking maybe you could do some things like that, i mean like the map, the map on there looks really good, but its annoying cause it doesnt show the colours of the factions etc, so maybe you can do a map like that with the factions colours still the same :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2009, 07:54:12 AM »
I'll take a look soon, snowed under with work atm.

McHydesinyourpants

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
A second continent only accessible by boat would be very cool or even if you cut the land bridges leading up to the Nord Homeland.

Piracy; attacking trade ships and causing general terror on the high seas.

A Pirates Guild with pirate quests.

Recruitable pirates.

(I like pirates :) )

Consumable ale, wine and rum  :D  with major morale bonuses.

Allow players to choose which race they want to be. Each race could have racial advantages and disadvantages eg. Nords get bonuses in athletics and combat on foot but would receive a penalty to horse riding. Khergits would get bonuses horse riding and archery but penalties in trade and combat on foot.

Its really looking great so far.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »
Re your pirate suggestions, I have two small islands marked out for being future pirate ports, plus Jarren's rock, and while they won't go in tis time eventually you'll be seeing a lot more asskicking oon the high seas I hope.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »
Hey Jubal do you need new ship models ? If you do please check my Cog model in the Forge
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Kyria

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 07:53:06 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to this site so please pardon me for any suggestions I make that already have been mentioned.

I have been playing this mod for awhile now (great work, you all should be proud of yourselves - despite the bugs).

Now my suggestions are;

1)
You have two complete obsolete 'wastelands' that could be taken full advantage of, for instance the huge desert next to the Commagne Empire.. maybe you could have a black race faction (a tribal confederation maybe) who reside past the map available who are 'primitive' in their use of armours and gunpowder but are great traders of exotic goods and powerful footsoldiers. Could base them off the old Songhaian and Malian Kingdoms

Songhai Empire
Mali Empire

The other 'wasteland' I mentioned about was the desert landmass next door to Narra and north of the Khergit castle (can't remember the name, I'm sorry). Now I don't know why the modders created the Altayan Nomads and Steppe Nomads, I love the idea of these peoples and have even tried to replicate my own Altayan Khanate through RPing by taking the castle owned by the City of Harluashia BTW the castle is floating in the air and it's hard to siege it when the enemy is really high up in the sky

I thought of this decent idea, spoke to my missus who is actually studying about these people right now, and thought up a quest related idea that, while going through several resource gathering and hunting quests, you eventually unite the Altayan Nomad peoples under one banner in the vain of becoming your own Khan of the Altayan Nomads, the Altayan Khanate maybe?? Here's who I thought you base them off

Tuareg

When you eventually become the Khanate you could also recruit Altayans by several small outposts (Sort of like villages, but with only an oasis and a permanent tents with a wise woman as a village elder).

2) Why can't we name our own kingdoms?? I don't get it. We train up several numbers of troops for a long period of time, only to have it called "Kingdom of Harlushian Rebels".. I'm no rebel leader!

That's really it. If you need any help with research or even modding (I'm eager to learn more about it) then just ask.

Cheers for your time,
Chris.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 11:00:21 PM »
Hi, many thanks for your well-thought ideas and suggestions.

The Commagene desert I haven't thought much about, thanks for the suggestion - I'll think on it. There will be more factions though, hence some gaps on the map. The eastern areas will include an enlarged Khergit Khanate (they will be the main power to balance the huge Goriniae), and possibly a couple minor factions.

The Altayans will get get an increase in interest over time; they're going to become one of the "tribal factions", which I started testing not that long ago. Essentially these are mini-factions that periodically change their allegiance depending on who controls power centres near their tribal areas. They will spawn (not insignificant) forces, will have a single base that may well have certain unique things in, and hopefully will even go and raid enemy villages and stuff. As for the player joining a tribal faction, that might be a possibility as well.

As for player faction stuff, it's on my list but my list is sadly a very, very long one. Eventually you'll have a whole host of new options for naming and managing your kingdom, but that's a long way off. Incidentally, getting to that stage will be more difficult; going from commoner to lord to king is a huge social jump, and in the beginning you're much less likely to even get to be able to do things at the level of the nobles.

Thanks,

Jubal

blackfang

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2009, 11:39:28 AM »
i dont really know if this is suggested before or already implented but i am tired of making my own kingdoms around because always i am declared war by every other race almost instantly :'( , so diplomatic options? :huh: