Author Topic: Feature ideas/plans/suggestnions  (Read 31281 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Feature ideas/plans/suggestnions
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »
Again, something I've thought of but could take quite a while to implement.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

blackfang

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »
well then i just have to offer my vassalage to everyone else in the meentime:)

SouthernWarrior

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 02:42:09 AM »
I've got several ideas if you don't mind.

1. I've noticed that every time I start a new playthrough within 5 days the entire map is at war. And while this is a game about fighting, if the fighting goes on nonstop then it takes away the fun because there are fewer targets.

So to fix this I would like to suggest a massive world tournament, funded and endorsed by every king.  The location of this world tournament changes every time it occurs, but it gets massive attraction, Lords from every kingdom and adventurers from across Calradia come to test their skill and show off their nations skill.  The tournament lasts 21 days due to the massive number of competitors, with one tournament every 7 days.  That gives time for all the lords to heal their wounded armies, the looted villages to reform and all that.

It's also a place for your character to be recognized.  Every king in Calradia will be watching, and one who does well in the tournament will obviously attract interest.  Also maybe a sufficient prize for the winner, like a set of equipment (armor, weapons etc).

2. Active recruiting for the factions.

Have town criers in towns advertising service for the various factions, and kings sending messages to you asking for you to join them.  

3. Jobs.

Now I know you've already got stuff like that planned but imagine this, lets say you choose to be an assassin, well you get employed by a certain Lord to be his personal assassin, getting paid to take out enemy spies/Lords/merchants/Knights.  

Also potentially adding Knight as a job.

4. Titles

It would be nice if people referred to you as Knight/Lord/Commander/ (insert name)

5. Political marriages.  

You've got those court ladies sitting around doing nothing but offering insignificant quests and patching up relations with Lords.  Why not use them to tempt certain Lords over to your side or you to their side as the case may be.

6.  More diversity.

For Example, more female Lords/units.  Black characters, just different things than the norm.

7.  Increased party size.

Large armies equals larger battles equals more fun.

That's all I have for now.

Snoopy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »
Faster auto resolve (like the Bloodbath in SoD) to make the world map evolve a little faster (though it should be optional)

AI that focuses on neighbors rather then distant countries (It is odd to see the leader of Zendar besieging a Khergit castle in the middle of no where)

Invader Faction?

Crusaders for the various religions

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »
Thanks for your ideas guys, I'll do my best with them.  :)

I was htinking of a world tournament anyhow, but as wars will decrrease when I limit them to near neighbours I doubt i'll put a ceasefire in place for it.

2. Active recruiting for the factions.
I'll add this when I've fixed mroe low-level service options (a non-lord vassal, say).

3. Jobs.
I'm working on it. Trust me. :P

4. Titles
Could be hard, but I may give ti a go.

5. Political marriages.
I'd love to do it if I get time, we'll see.

6. More diversity.
I can do my best on this one, good call.

7. Increased party size.
We'll see. I'd like to make it so armies are normally small, but enlarge when on campaign with lots of peasants being dragged along.

Faster auto resolve (like the Bloodbath in SoD) to make the world map evolve a little faster (though it should be optional)
Not sure aobut this, we'll see.

AI that focuses on neighbors rather then distant countries (It is odd to see the leader of Zendar besieging a Khergit castle in the middle of no where)
This is a definite plan, in future I hope to make it so factions only war with their 5 or 6 nearest neighbours.

Invader Faction?
Not sure, might make one in the East or Southwest if I don't hit the faction limit first.

Crusaders for the various religions
You'll ahve to wait a while (release after next) but all hell will break loose in that rather empty bit SE of the Red Khergit. :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2010, 06:10:53 AM »
Before i saw this i was thinking TWD was the best mod. i remember downloading the older version of this but the map was rough and a few glitches. I got a few suggestions.  :knight:  :DarkstarOnly:  :knight:

1. Its strange that i can bye armor of a faction on one side of the map that is located on the other side.

2. Instead of Quests have it say Task List.

3. Maybe some quests/queast locations like "Hidden Caves", "Mount Olympus" or "Rebel Fishing Village".

4. A Larger map would be great but as i read i little way back you ran into a few problems.

5. Camp actions can be enhanced by adding "Build Small Fort" like in TWM2 when it is possible to click on Build whilst an army is selected and build watch tower or fort.

6. More Battle Options like Wedge, Box, Square, Circle, Semicircle and flanking maneuver.

7. Pirate faction inhabiting islands around the sea.

8. Different factions making alliances/friends (opposite to hostile) to help them to go to war with enemy factions.

9. Marrying (could be the cause to start an alliance) faction heir‘s sister/brother/son/daughter.

That’s my 4 cents.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

SouthernWarrior

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2010, 03:22:10 PM »
How about when/if you implement the building of your own kingdom thing, why not make it so that your Lords actually work on upgrading their fiefs and actively patrol their areas instead of just staying holed up in a castle/town

To add to this post.

During sieges, maybe you could put more than one ladder?  It's pretty ridiculous when all of your troops are trying to charge up a minuscule ladder.

Also when given quests by Lords, maybe make the quests have consequences if you fail them.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:35:08 PM by SouthernWarrior »

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2010, 09:45:40 PM »
How about you can choose how many you want to build like click on build ladder and when thats done click on it again but the amount you can build varys on how big the castle/town is for towns 4 ladders and 2 towers.

and i got corupt files (Helm and sorcoat and some other things to) so i havent even played this mod yet.

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2010, 05:47:05 PM »
I'll reply to all the suggestions sometime soon... thanks for them all, though unless you guys want to get my GCSEs done for me I might ahve  few issues getting 'em all done!  :P

Jounk33

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 12:02:12 AM »
First, realy great mod, very creativ and good work. And the best map I've ever seen for M&B.

My ideas.
The map is huge and well created, but many land too empty.
- East of red Khanate making a huge desert with oasis and a other khanate.
- Between the empire and red khanate, making a big forest or dsungle, with a wild primitive tribe.
- Between the empire and alania making a big riverdelta with swamplike forest and remove the nordic caslte and village in this area or give them alania
- making the great plain in the center of the empire more like a steppe with less villages and towns.
- making a canal between the sothern sea and the northern sea. Its badly when i buy a ship and could not sail every town with it, so i must own two ships.
- Give the empire the best technology in the game. Making troops with fire arms. Its a good idea there is an empire in game, because...
- there can be launched a mainevent, so the empire seeks to become ruler of all the continet. A majorinvasion of the empire on all other factions would be very nice.
- more citiestates like Zandar would be very nice too, eg. intipendence island, isolated cities ect.
- religion. I be very glad of your implantation of religion in your mod. So, a holy City of the mayjor religion would be a nice feature.
- Religious fanatics as recruitable troops would be a good option too.
- At last, making the mountainregion (Vorok) more detailed and more roughness (better passes and less settlements).

I can't wait for the next release. Hopefully of the module System.
Sorry for bad english.

(Sometimes, a pearl of wisdom about mapmodding (hard thing to do in M&B) would be very helpful.)

EDIT:
Some armor and weapon are unbalanced. There is for examle a  helmet with value of 25, but even more expensive than a value 40 helmet.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:08:31 AM by Jounk33 »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 08:37:54 AM »
Some armor and weapon are unbalanced. There is for examle a helmet with value of 25, but even more expensive than a value 40 helmet.
Which helmet?

- East of red Khanate making a huge desert with oasis and a other khanate.
The section east of the red khanate won't be visited until I upgrade this to M&B: Warband. There will be several more factions and more detailed mapping there at that point.
- Between the empire and red khanate, making a big forest or dsungle, with a wild primitive tribe.
That area's really the equivalent for SR of the Holy Land; there'll be a small crusader knigdom in that area on current plans.
- Between the empire and alania making a big riverdelta with swamplike forest and remove the nordic caslte and village in this area or give them alania
I'm keen to leave the Nordic castle, it fits with the Nord backstory (basically they've taken lots of coastal castles due to their mastery of the seas).
- making the great plain in the center of the empire more like a steppe with less villages and towns.
There is a little steppe-like area in the western Empire, between Muvaria and the Morean border. Because of the central river thet Muvaria sits on there's little geographical sense in making that any bigger.
- making a canal between the sothern sea and the northern sea. Its badly when i buy a ship and could not sail every town with it, so i must own two ships.
That's only realism, I'm afraid. Since ships can't cross fords it'd make things very complicated to put a canal in as I'da ctually have to fully cut off part of the map.
- Give the empire the best technology in the game. Making troops with fire arms. Its a good idea there is an empire in game, because...
More troops with firearms will start rolling out in the eastern regions; some of the Emirates there have much more advanced technology. The Goriniae don't tend to like ranged weaponry much, preferring to deal with the enemy up close with their deadly footsoldiers.
- there can be launched a mainevent, so the empire seeks to become ruler of all the continet. A majorinvasion of the empire on all other factions would be very nice.
I think they're already doing that. :P I might implement something like this, although exapnding the Khergit and having them launch a major invasion (or bringing in a third Khergit Horde from the far east) would be another good option.
- more citiestates like Zandar would be very nice too, eg. intipendence island, isolated cities ect.
There are definitely going to be more relatively small factions like Zendar and the Aurothians. I'm also putting in more independent places such as pirate towns that have no ruler at all.
- religion. I be very glad of your implantation of religion in your mod. So, a holy City of the mayjor religion would be a nice feature.
The "holy city" i.e. equivalent to Jerusalem, is Irinalla. There'll be more stuff added later hopefully where different factions and religions set out to capture it.
- Religious fanatics as recruitable troops would be a good option too.
You can already hire pilgrims, zealots, and Knights of the Red Lion as holy troops for different orders. That will be increased sometime later, though.
- At last, making the mountainregion (Vorok) more detailed and more roughness (better passes and less settlements).
I can't decrease the settlement numbers, in M&B every city has to have 3 villages and every castle 1 pretty much. I'm a bit reluctant to make the terrain rougher as I think it'll get choked with bandits, but I'll look into it.

Thanks for your ideas. :)

Oh gods, just realised all the other unanswered sugestions up there. Hm... shall I get on with doing some of these rather than just writing about them? I think I shall...

Brother Librarian

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 05:09:39 AM »
is there a reason why steppe riders cant upgrade to steppe warlords? (i know some people dont like top teir troops to have leader names because once you get a load it feels wierd - i personally dont have problems with it though)
because if there isnt a reason not to i would like to suggest that they be able to.
(and yes this is a little bit because im trying to collect as many steppe tribe soldiers as possible by recruiting from prisoners).

Ricox

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010, 07:37:22 PM »
About that feature idea regarding more travellers on the world map.

You could make those travellers be for example normal citizens from towns travelling around, hunting, just wandering. There could even be large parties led by an adventurer, just like the player's party. There could also be small military patrols (soldiers from a town or castle just scouting for enemy close to the castle/town).

I don't know if this can be implemented, but you could also have border guards. They would be sort of scout parties that would search the kingdom's territories for enemies. As soon as they would spot an enemy, a few soldiers from the party would detach and immediately go to the closest lord/king (the king/lord of their faction, could also go to towns or castles) and then stand at them for few seconds, after that the lord/king would follow the small detachment to the location where the border guards spotted the enemies. And there they would search for the border guard party or the enemies.

If a player would be a vassal of a kingdom and would be most closest person to the border guard party when they spot the enemy, then the detachment of border guards would approach the player and request that the player follows them to help fight off an enemy in their territories. That would be simply awesome. And if for example the group the border guards would have spotted would be large, then they would try to also get other vassal parties to help them. This would also work that way if the player is at negative relations with a kingdom and he would be spotted by border guards, then they would immediately inform the vassals about it just like with other enemies (except bandits, outlaws, hostile caravans, hostile village farmers and enemy border guards).

Also the detachment would have huge speed so it would be hard to catch it, but the vassal would be called in fast enough.

P.S Lol look how from traveller idea I went to border guard idea, eh.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:39:00 PM by Ricox »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »
Ric: Several of those ideas are ones I've though of myself... it takes a long time to get these sytems built though, and as a one-man mod team it's hard to get everything done. Military patrols are certainly an idea I've head, and more citizen travellers for bandits to pick on are a definite.

BL: No reason AFAIK, might fix that next time. I prolly just couldn't be asked to make the upgrade table when I made those troops...  :ermm:

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »
2 new factions to the far south. There is alot of space in the area south of the Red Khanate that is not being used. So. Use it. A good idea is that they can be masive factions of lots of tribes spread out over the plains.