Author Topic: Feature ideas/plans/suggestnions  (Read 31313 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Feature ideas/plans/suggestnions
« on: December 15, 2008, 10:00:34 PM »
I want to pack as much damn cool stuff into this mod as possible. This is how I'll do it... Suggest more ideas here, more the merrier.

Plans
General
- Get more scenes. Currently delegated to Pants, who will be able to delegate it to someone else when I find a scene edit minion.

Religion
- Allow player to become a templar commander (links to jobs)
- Clergical quests
- Give player religion options
- Crusades?

Player Jobs
- Add assassin quests, proper training instead of the streetfight, assassin gear.
- Work on improving Town Watch Commander, add to all cities.
- Spy, possibly a one-faction thing
- Merchant, allowing you to create your own caravans and send them across the map.

Strategic
- Better diplomacy. Add alliance, ceasfire, at war, and peace options.
- Factions to onl be at war with neighbours. Voroks taking castles from the Nords looks silly.

Player Kingdoms/High King
5 ranks of player power;
- Warband leader
- Job; Assassin, Merchant, Mercenary for a faction
- Lord, you own some land. Free lords maynot get sub-lords or bribe sub-lords to their side.
- King. Requires quest for you to obtain legal writs (there will be several disappeared historical Kingdoms you can fins the stuff to 'prove' you are the heir of) or getting several other kings to recognise you (persuasion/payoff/treaties and so on). You will be able to get up to 10 lords and command them, and govern your kingdom with lots of options.
- High King. BIG quest line, lots of practically impossible quests, requires being a king to start with, lots and lots to do, ends up with you unlocking a new troop tree, unlimited lords available to bribe and so on. You'll be on par with the other 'superpowers' - The Khanate and Goriniae who will be beefed up more.

Sea Battles
- Different ship types
- Destroyable ships
- Catapults

Other
- More people in taverns
- More life in cities
- More travelling people on the map, I want visible and constant streams of travellers moving between cities.

Thoughts and ideas
This is your section, you ideas go here.
General

Religion

Strategic

Player Kingdoms/High King

Sea Battles

Other
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »
Just a question: Are catapults and destructible ships actually possible? Cause that will rock!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 01:50:06 PM »
If I didn't think  could do it I wouldn't plan to do it.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 02:56:29 PM »
Hooray for the holy pope of all that is awesome :D                                                      
Can't wait to :)                                                       up a few ships with a catapult!

Ischenous

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »
This looks very cool indeed.

Terrabyte

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 04:41:43 AM »
Full agreement with all the above posters.

As for my thoughts on this matter:

Kingdoms: I would suggest implementing the Age Of Machinery kingdom management mod as a stopgap measure, until one can be made specifically for the challenge of this mod.  Considering kingdom items, maybe have them in small chests in various villages, the location and contents thereof always changing.  Then, perhaps once you have the x number of items for a specific city, you give it to the local guildmaster, who orchestrates a rebellion, or something like that.

Sea Battles: Again, AOM would provide a good platform - maybe make smaller ballistae as the launching objects - either that, or have one or two guys on every ship with super powerful, super heavy seige crossbows, so heavy as to be effectively immobile.

As for the the destruction of ships - I remember some old mod for .808 - Might have been "Swadian Civil War" - where there were giant, wooden walls that fell down once sufficient damage had been achieved.  This effect was later integrated into the practice dummies in the tutorial, but you could take it, and use it to capsize a ship and kill the crew, in theory.

That's my two cents.

Thanks for your time,
Terrabyte

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »
Great idea, thanks for sharing them. I do really appreciate people commenting and giving ideas, just a shame that out of the (literally) hunderds who hae this mod so few come online to sharetheir thoughts and help improve it.

Warhammer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 01:02:00 AM »
Hi all sorry for my broken English ;)                                                         

First it ist one of the greatest mods i played with mount and Blade ;)                                                         

MY thoughts ;)                                                         

Kingdom
- I would aply to Terrabyte you can use the age of machenery managment its relativ good for the game till you get your own system
- Some Kingdoms need a little balance becouse the had no chance too survive
- I think that some kingdoms can had more officers becouse they had a better chance to survive some could use lower officers with 60 or 50 troops
( When there are more officers it would be better for greater battles )

- IT would be great if there are free officers that cross the land and would make trobel ore try too build up there own new kingdoms

- An invasion Forece in these world would be great too like in the swort of Damocles - Invasion mod

that were my ideas so far ;)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 10:06:20 AM »
Freelancing lords... interesting idea.

Which kingdoms did worst/got killed earliest? Harlaushia is meant to be a 'dying' faction really, Zendar is definitely staying small. The Nords will get 1-2 more cities and more land up in the top left map corner with the snow. Conversely, the Khergit and Gorin Empire are emant to be 'superfactions' with a lot more power than a normal faction. Advnced inter-faction diplomacy wil also balance this out better, as faction gang up on common threats or ride to the aid of thier allies.

THanks for your ideas, and welcome to Exilian.  :D

Warhammer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 08:44:14 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome ;)                                                         

I will try too go in a detailt manner of discribe what i mean its not so easy in englisch ;)                                                         

- you could addet Autoloot it is a nice feature for people that like too play with manny champions like myself ;)                                                         

- [Patrols, Bandits, Taverns] from NNY by Geoffrey Ashe
# You may tell any soldier from your army to form Patrol. The soldier creates new party. You may give troops and issue orders to this party. You may dissolve a Patrol and take back troops but be warned, you may only take all troops or none, so try to keep patrol capacity at least 1 pint below your main party maximum capacity.
# Upkeep for troops in patrol is 50% higher (also your party screen now shows correct wages you will pay for all your troops in party, patrols and garrisons, so you won't be supprosed)
# You can bribe bandits to join your party. You must have enough capacity to take them.
# You may hire refugees, manhunters and townsmans in taverns.
# You can buy ale in taverns to increase your party's morale.

This is a nice feature too i think becouse everybody can make there own forces an thats a higher recognition factor ;)                                                         

- You can talk to Village Elder/Guild Master from village/town menu ( this is a nice feature becouse you dont need to go into every town ore village )

I test today the fighting against the other fraktions an i think that some off them need a litte balance ;)                                                         

Lacontia : Really nice fraction but the higher level fighters are a bit weak i think it depends on there sile off armors

Red Khanate .: Nice faction but with the three Officers they had no chance too expand they are defeated in 2 of my games realy fast . Think they had use off some more officers .

Zendar .: a little but realy nice faction think they had use off 2 ore 3 small constabel officers

Vorok .: They are a littlebit too weak i think some off the higher troops are a easy food for every other fraction

thats my impression so fare ;)                                                         

PS.: I love this mod an the realy great and big map ;)                                                         

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »
I hadn't noticed Lacontia as underpowered...

I'm going to add more faction switching for lords, so factions that start small but take more land will get lords defecting to them.

I've got bandit bribes nearly working, I'm still looking into the Patrols script (as in that it may overpower the player, allowing them to command far more forces than they would otherwise be able to). It'll definitely be added when i get the rest of the Kingdom stuff working.

Warhammer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 04:44:09 PM »
at lacontia the Heros are a bit weak the other troops are ok but the heros as enemys die relativ quikly

Andalus

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 01:43:12 AM »
On the freelance lords, I had a similar idea myself. There should be other gentlemen adventurers like yourself in the game.

One idea I had was to turn Kradus, Xerina and Dranton into fully-fledged characters with parties and so on. Just don't let them take tasks from lords, as that would leave none for the player.
Du bist kein Schmetterling! Du bist nur eine kleine Raupe in Verkleidung!

High Empty

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 04:17:42 AM »
Please look into adding the following mabye...

Advance formations... " going to look like an idoit if i can't find them"

A simple Read_me file with command if such formations existances.

Increase the overall bonus of pathfinding/ increase the overall speed at which armys can move?   Or something when it takes 15 Mins to get to the othersides of the map, it's a wee bit painfull, the ship idea works great.  Mabye being able to hire wagons in citys that boost speeds another +5 or something?

... therea are other things but i think i'm brain dead at the moment, meh i'll got fool around with it and mabye they will come..  " wishs i could go take over a town or 2, and start changing the productions or something...

PS anyone figujre out why getting a Town is good at all, it's not like you can recuit troops there, or train them there, or hire generals there?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 11:21:07 AM »
Towns get you a lot of money basically, also they spawn you militia forces over time as you kill off the militias loyal to the old regime.

I do need a read-me, but I'm waiting for a more advanced version where ti will be fully worth it.

In terms of map speed, it is slow I know, but I don't want to make it much faster. I might add something for low-level characters to hitch rides with Caravans I guess.

Thanks - and welcome to Exilian!