Author Topic: Feature ideas/plans/suggestnions  (Read 31225 times)

stormcloud

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Blah de blah!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Feature ideas/plans/suggestnions
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 04:12:30 AM »
just a quick suggestion, improve archery, I just had a looter take 4 arrows to a bare chest before he died

falCo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 12:11:52 AM »
hello people this is my first post here,
first off all Great job jubal you made a hell of a job here
I really liked this one,
i got a few suggestion ><:P
firstly more bandits;i went all the way to laconia terretory and i couldnt find a single of a bandit party,
secondly,what about making it a bit more rollplay;i mean some good quests
not more go bring some cows and etc :D                                                      
also great job  on the ships :S its hell of cool :S
but basicly, give more strg in the inland battles
i also wanna ask
lacondia is a greek type;
regards
jim

falCo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 07:25:05 AM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
Great idea, thanks for sharing them. I do really appreciate people commenting and giving ideas, just a shame that out of the (literally) hunderds who hae this mod so few come online to sharetheir thoughts and help improve it.
there is a suggestion about that,
you can start a thread into taleworld,but dont post many thing..
only link to here
pic and feauteres
so they MUst come here to see the whole off this and dl it and
many people will see this site i gurentie you.. i didnt know the existance of this site until i missclicked something
and found this wonderfull site ^^
sorry for my awfull english its very early for me now ;D so i dont know what im typing ;)                                                         

EDIT:just found the thread at the forum XD

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 09:36:53 PM »
Lacontia is basically what Sparta might have been like in the middle ages.

Welcome to Exilian! Thanks for your support, it helps motivate me and the team to work hard on this mod.  :D
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Terrabyte

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 07:39:36 PM »
Hello again.

I was thinking about the use of ships in this game, and it dawned on me that we need a scene for boarding our ship from land.  Have a beached ship near a lake, an inventory chest within the ship, and a "helmsman" character who you order to "take sail", and also have the ability to transfer party between the ship and your party.  This would turn the ship from a simple prop into something more of a mobile castle that needs to be defended when you are away from it, instead of the following being heard throughout the coastal regions of Caladria:

Sea Raider: "Hey, there's a perfectly good, yet totally abandoned ship several feet away!  Let's not take it!" (Or equivalent grunting in Sea Raiderese.)

As for Sea Battles - I know that applying my suggested capsize effect would be extremely difficult, so for something (slightly) simpler, yet accomplishing the desired effect, put "figureheads" (aka target dummies) on the ships.  When destroyed, the figurehead "drops" 5-10 barrels of Swadian Fire (AOM seige projectile) behind it, wiping out any remaining life on the ship, and leaving that odour of burning pine that any pirate loves to start the day by smelling.

Ultimately, this trigger can be applied to the ship itself, once we've figured out how to capsize it.

As for City, Castle, and Village Functionality- Sword of Damocles Version IV.  Sheer awesomeness for what we are trying to do.  Implementation of a faith system, which can be turned to the Orinite/Corinele/Various others system.  Public Health.  Barracks training.  Trading systems.  We could possibly add shipyards for training crews and building ships, and the eventual "items" that would be needed for a legitimate claim to a city's throne.

Final idea - I've been screwing around with the map and scene editors, just trying them out.  Maybe we want to go for an even bigger map - Caladria the Continent, with clearly defined ocean borders, maybe some more spread between the factions with larger areas of uncontrolled bandits between them, a larger system of rivers for sea trading.

That's my two and a half cents, anyways.

Thanks for hearing me out,
Terrabyte

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 08:22:04 PM »
Mapwise I have a drawn plan for the rest of Gorinia, and a mental plan for the Khergit capital and the eastern White Khanate (making four; black, khergit, red and white).

I do have capsizing, sinking ships. They just sink very fast so you can solo them with a bow. Funny, but not exactly good gameplay.

Interesting idea on ship defence, but I'm not sure how to get people to 'steal' the ship; perhaps just make it disappear after a while I guess. Battle-wise, the difficulty with getting people to attack a beached fleet is that said fleet is on a water tile...

Anyway, thanks as ever for your ideas; I'll definitely look into the better management systems. Please keep giving feedback and thoughts, it's great to have input on the mod.

As you may have guessed, I'm not doing much atm, but I should pick up soon (been working on my Rome TW mod recently).
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 07:47:13 PM »
I'm starting work on an unusual new feature....  :D

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 10:26:06 PM »
Which would be...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »
You'll see if I ever get round to finishing it.  :P                                                      

(I'll post screenies soon)

I'm also working on an extension of Sea Battles, which is proving vairy tricky indeed...

vadermath

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 11:08:33 PM »
I knew you'd say something like that :P

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »
Ideas:

1. The Mod, Chronicles of Zendar has a really cool arena with Jousting Etc, if you could implement that arena it would be awesome.
2. Manhunters, where do they all come from? Perhaps a map location called Manhunters Guild or Coalition of Manhunters, where you could purchase some really good blunt weapons and recruit large numbers of Manhunters for your slave catching purposes.
3. Special Tournament featuring every lord from the game, I personally would love to be able to test my skill against them in One on One Combat or Team Combat.
4. Duels, when an army attacks you I want to be able to challenge the leader to a Duel, and then the game could do calculations like when deciding if a lord will rebel, ie How much he likes you, you could also offer terms, if he wins your army disbands and you pay X amount of gold but you are not captured, if you win he must disband his army and pay you X amount of gold, or if you win he must release all prisoners of your faction he currently holds, and vice versa.

That's all I got for now. :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Everything is on hold; stop the press.

I'm about to double the size of the map.

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 10:29:57 PM »
Again!!!!

The map is already huge!! lol what more could you possibly have, does your creativity know no limit!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:51 PM »
You'll see...  ;)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 09:51:52 PM »
The game doesn't like my big new map...  :'(