Author Topic: Plan of Action  (Read 13411 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Plan of Action
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:32:26 PM »
I'm going to take advantage of this day off.. It seems as if this mod is living and dying based off my activity. The more active I am, the more the mod churns and people are active. When I am away or tied down in RL it seems like the wheels stop and everyone becomes dormant.
Guys, this is a community project, not a one-man mod with a bunch of followers. Feel free to start working on something, all you gotta do is let me know beforehand so we can discuss the specifics, but I am pretty lenient and liberal with that you all do, you've seen that with how me and Sloth work.
I'm not upset or anything, but I just want to remind everyone that if you have time, find a way to contribute somehow. Find things wrong with the current version, come up with ideas, start taking up a modding trade such as coding or scripting. The bigger this mod gets, the harder it will be for me to work on it by myself. I thank Bercor for his work and Mausolos for his research, I thankb257 for always being able to test and I thank the Sloth for implementing his ideas. Everyone else (if you still come online), feel free to contribute in any way possible.

We need to get some previews going. Aquila and Mandoni, I think you two should get together and start brainstorming about some stuff to make a preview out of. Mandoni is talented with video and Aquila is on the content staff at TWC, I'm sure you two could come up with some cool stuff!

We also need more ideas, and discussion for the future. I will post more extensively on that in Bercor's Ideas thread.

This is RTR guys, I know none of us were on the original or most recent RTR teams, but we have a name to live up to. You don't need to wait for me to tell you what to do to contribute :)
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Plan of Action
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:40:02 PM »
Well, I can work in the new menu. Just made this one for Silmarillion Total War:
http://dai.ly/x1kzm9l

Just need some good images for the background...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »
Bercor, if you're working with the Silmarillion guys, any chance you could tempt them to at least post about the mod over here?  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:48:56 PM »
Yeah, of course. Open the thread!

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 12:29:53 AM »
Not bad at all. It's possible to incorporate the M2TW menu look right? We should do that, especially for the faction selection screen, with a screenshot of the faction's best/coolest unit.
You can choose the images and layout, I trust your judgement
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:34:49 AM »
The coolest unit screenshot for every faction isn't possible. All of the rest is.

I tried to find something nice but I couldn't, so any help is appreciated. Mausolos said that he would look for something, eventually...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 01:00:35 AM »
Ah that sucks.. Yeah I don't know of much either

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 02:08:01 AM »
Yeah the problem with ancient depiction is that they are always... you know... most of them have only survived partly. So it's difficult to find wide pictures, instead of artistic impressions of ancient cities or pictures of ruins. Or Renaissance paintings of antiquity, but for me, they rather add Renaissance than ancient atmosphere.
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 02:10:40 AM »
It doesn't need to be a depiction...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 02:16:12 AM »
I'm particularly fond of what the RTRVII team did

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 02:18:53 AM »
You would need a proper artist that could draw, for something like that.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 02:26:32 AM »
The Lord Drake?

The Lord Drake

• Iskenderun
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 02:27:40 AM »
For the record, there is no such thing as a "proper artist". What we call "art" is based on perception, to you a few dots and smears on a wall might not be art, but it probably is to the person that made it and likely is to someone else out there. Whether you can draw or not has nothing to do with you being an artist.

Any hoo, back to the topic. Are we set on making an image, or can we make do with one found, at least for a time?

Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed
by the power you and I possess

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 02:32:47 AM »
For me personally as long as it can tie into the mod I'm fine. For instance the startup loading screen is really good. And like I said, RTRVII had some nice loading screens that they used before.
Another possibility is a video in the background.

Bercor

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 02:34:30 AM »
Bah, you understood what I meant. I used the word "proper artist" to contrast with me, which I'm not. And I was refering to an artist within the mod senses (2d artist, 3d artist, etc), not in the more general Art sense.

Anyway, no, we don't need to create a new image, we just need one can be used as background (a nice one, preferably).