Author Topic: Ideas from the UNRV Forum  (Read 1995 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ideas from the UNRV Forum
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:59:12 PM »
Hello this was a response to our mod announcement over at the UNRV forums. I think this guy assumed we were doing this for R2. Anyways, are any of these ideas possible with our engine?

Umm..... your really going to include India during in its Mauryan Imperial age?

I only ask, as the obvious absurdity of Chanakya's statecraft is very AI centered, and if your too realistic and by the book, it will be Marius Gaius trying to fend off buddhist-hindu armies each time. Kinda like how the Turks or Maratha empire could overrun Europe if the persians were weak.... it Just doesnt look right.

I wouldnt know how you would want to go about organizing the political and oligarch al factions.... they are initially city based, but can ride to regional as governors or militarily, and can out of the blue become dynastic.

Each city would need a potential dynastic loyalist rating for EVERY character.(how loyal will this place be if you become tyrant-emperor,and how loyal are you to the current senate, head honcho). This includes diplomats, spies, etc.

Major cities like Alexandria being approached, then conquered, would have to affect this.

Also, the solidity of cultural group feeling towards the dynasty-republic should effect your spying success. The presence of strong, non aligned oligarchial factions should make spying or sabotage harder, and cut into total economic output. You should be able to sabotage individual oligarchial monopolies however, much like a building, or offer them via diplomats or military leaders economic or property incentives to back you. However, even this should backfire..... if the incentives just make them more independent, then ha ha ha, your screwed..... your spying capacity goes up, dynastic loyalty down. The inverse, offering someone in Syria or Libya lands in Italy or France, makes them more loyal.

This means, every region needs conquerable, locatable estates as a aspect of DIPLOMATIC.CURRENCY. If a faction holds it, they can assign it, or exhort it. During the Marius and Sulla campaign, this should be the primary factor for civic loyalty. Marius gives it to the people, stronger dynastic loyalty. Sulla to the Nobles, stronger tax. It effects the appearance of recruitable Equites, potential for angry mobs, assassination, for Jugunther to raise a uprising, etc.

Last total war game on the computer i played was napoleon. Not upgrading for this game. Best of luck.

Oh..... regional philosophy schools, based in Rome, Alexandria, Patiliputra, Crete, Perganum, Athens..... this is necessary for character development of statesmen.... they visit, they get smarter. You piss the schools off, your regional dynastic loyalty goes down, and the particular philosophical school in the next turn turns against your overall faction in the next few turns. Diplomacy, such as ceeding a estate to most philosophy groups will work (not the Cynics).

How are you planning on making the counter-religious movements work post augustus? Christianity and the cult of isis was picking up steam.... had obvious effects down the road, but the romans reacted very differently.as time went on.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

b257

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ideas from the UNRV Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:57:05 PM »
XCM has some of this stuff like the schools and governing and stuff. but I think he was talking about R2