Author Topic: To Do List  (Read 5360 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
To Do List
« on: April 25, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »
Here is the current to do list. Will be ordered based off importance and only the most pressing needs will be listed. It will be updated regularly.

• Finalize Roman Roster - Will need new shields, swords for Camillans, new helmets for Polybians, Proletarii need to be deleted
  • Finalize Roman Units Stats
  • Assign Unit Descriptions to Roman Units
  • Make Unit Cards for Romans
  • Script Legion Recruitment for Romans
  • Script in Reforms for Romans
  • Get RS2 Clouds in Game
  • Fix any DTW Wall Bugs
  • Finish Faction Rosters
  • Finish Mercenary/AOR Rosters
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:17:17 PM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: To Do List
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:46:48 PM »
Haha! Number 8 was a 8). Fixed it for you.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

RedFox

• When it's done.™
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 10:01:31 PM »
RS2 Clouds are now modfoldered. My next task is trying to get steam version of the game working with the launcher.
"I'm telling you this because you don't get it, you think you get it, which isn't the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Principe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 03:54:24 AM »
I can do the unit descriptions, but I need some instructions and guidelines.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 09:01:52 AM »
Well you definitely need to know your history and have access to good resources. We at RTR are about realism and historical accuracy, and we give detailed descriptions as part of our history teaching aspect of the mod.

Here is an example from Hamilcar Barca from the old RTRVII team.

The thureophoroi are flexible light infantry, adept as skirmishers and ambushers, but also able to form a tighter formation and serve in the main battle line.

Theurophoroi were rated among the light troops, the "euzoni", and were used as skirmishers, steadily eclipsing the peltasts in the Hellenistic Period. The thureophoroi are used to support skirmishers, to protect the vulnerable flanks of the heavy phalanx formation, and to screen heavier troops in difficult country or on the march. The thureophoroi were an “intermediate” class of soldier, ranked between the heavy phalanx and the lighter skirmishers. Though capable of fighting hand-to-hand with other light infantry, they could not long stand up to a pike-phalanx.

Theurophoroi carried the oval thureos, from which they derived their name. The thureos was modeled on the standard Keltoi (Galatian) shield, which the Greeks encountered in 280-275 BC, and which became popular thereafter in the third century among the Greeks and Illyrians, called in Greek the "thureos". The shield is painted white, with a spined boss and central handgrip.

Over a simple tunic, the Epirote thureophoroi wear a iron cuirass, with pteruges ('feathers'), as well as a simple red-brown short cloak. The other protection is the Macedonian helmet, with a short horsehair crest.

The principal weapon of the thureophoroi was the javelin, and they went into battle with a bundle of these javelins. The secondary weapon of the thureophoroi was the sword.

The Epirote tribes of north-western Greece inhabited a region where classical hoplite warfare had always been limited because of the mountainous terrain, and peltasts were common. The Epirotes adopted the weapons and fighting style of the thureophoroi with enthusiasm. A further stimulus were the campaigns of King Pyrrhos of Epiros in Italy and Sicily (280-275 BC), where the Epirotes encountered the maniple-style warfare of the native Romans and Oscans. Pyrrhos sought to develop an "articulated" version of the Macedonian Phalanx, whereby the main battle line was comprised of alternate units of phalangites and the more flexible maniples of swordsmen. In this manner, Pyrrhos sought to develop a more flexible battle line against the Romans.

Principe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
Could I get a list of some of the roman units to begin the descriptions? Or is there somewhere on the forum that I can find them?

Mausolos of Caria

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project Historian
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 06:29:27 PM »
Could I get a list of some of the roman units to begin the descriptions? Or is there somewhere on the forum that I can find them?

http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2896.0   :)
''I found a city of bricks and left a city of marble''

Augustus

Principe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
Thank you very much.